• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late lunch of left over potato, sweet potato and celeriac gratin that HWMBO made last night. I probably should have added something healthy, like a salad to offset all the cream, milk and butter but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 191320Z AUTO 08016G26KT 9999 SCT049 18/14 Q1013

Bit windy out and chances of a thunderstorm - can't see it myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Wait, you're moving out of the flat with the painted shut windows?! Where are you off to? I won't be able to wave to you as I drive past the petrol station on Long Arterial Road into Leicester
        Yes, I'll be off the beaten track - well, not on a main road any more - over the University side of town, just beyond the park

For the record, I got the landlord to free the windows while he was up a ladder doing something to a gutter the other year

Comment

Lunch was a roast beef bap

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, I'll be off the beaten track - well, not on a main road any more - over the University side of town, just beyond the park

For the record, I got the landlord to free the windows while he was up a ladder doing something to a gutter the other year
            The new landlord probably factored in the newly functional windows into their logic for the rent increase

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The new landlord probably factored in the newly functional windows into their logic for the rent increase
              "Windows that open you say? Interesting…"

Comment

It's been great fun watching the astonishing tulipshow in Westminster unfold through the lens of Twitter this evening

Tea, meanwhile, has been peppery sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas, and was exceedingly nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It's been great fun watching the astonishing tulipshow in Westminster unfold through the lens of Twitter this evening

Tea, meanwhile, has been peppery sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas, and was exceedingly nice
                  We're doomed, doomed, I tell ye, doomed.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

We're doomed, doomed, I tell ye, doomed.
                      Liz Truss and the Conservative party are, at any rate

Comment

Working...
                      X