• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Christmas, denizens! May your humbugs be minty

Comment

Further telly has been The Repair Shop Christmas specials from 2019 and 2020

Better get to bed now, for I have to travel south to my doom tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Merry Christmas all

going for a swim later.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Wet.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly at 14.3 deg in here.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 64% RH.

Saturday.

Entertainment: the Oz Customs thing: 50 shades lady sent back to septicland.

Lunch: lunched.

Walk (abbreviated due to the continuing & unabated inclemency) walked.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, a mango slice, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Roswell S1 E3 "Monsters".

Roswell S1 E4 "Leaving Normal".

Roswell S1 E5 "Missing" (the one with the missing journal).

Roswell S1 E6 "285 South" (the one with the geodesic dome).

Roswell S1 E7 "River Dog". (the one withe the Native Americans).
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 December 2021, 23:36.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, 4°C and no higher, rain expected tonight, barometers slightly up at 998/1006mB

Just guzzling a bit of wholemeal toast before setting off

Comment

Morning all

Sort of bright in an overcast kind of way. Not currently raining. 9 degrees at present and that's the high. Rain due to return this afternoon. Barometer steady at 1007 mBar.

A load of old drivel on R4 got me out of bed. Was surprised that the midnight mass they broadcast was a Catholic one. No idea why I expected it to be CofE.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Walt Disney World Resort in Florida broadcasts the first live 'Very Merry Christmas Parade' on ABC 1983

Comment

Time to go! Enjoy your excessive consumption, everybody!

Comment

I've got an awful cold (not covid), so my daughter cooked under my written instructions. After a whisky or two, I felt well enough to help.

Roast lamb
                  Roast parsnip, potatoes, brussels
                  Honey glazed carrots.

Very nice.

Christmas pud in preparation.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Christmas dinner was very nice

Rather stressful having to be with other people though

The drive down was enlivened by the windscreen wipers suddenly ceasing work in rain on the A14 west of Kettering. I had to pull over eventually, but once the rain had eased I was able to get going again. Tomorrow’s trip home will now be at a time dictated by prevailing conditions here and along my route

Comment

I had one of my windscreen wipers pop out of its ball joint while driving in heavy rain. I spotted a garage close by and asked if they could help. He looked around the car park, found a bit of thick plastic, wrapped it around the ball joint and popped it in place. It lasted until I could get it properly repaired.

Just the four of us. My son, daughter-in-law and grandkids are in Abu Dhabi. Enjoying Christmas with their friends on the beach.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X