• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A variety of viewing this evening: two or three episodes of 24 Hours in A&E, a couple of Air Crash Investigation, and this year's The Repair Shop at Christmas

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all the blue skies yesterday have given way to horizontal rain from the east. Guess who will be getting wet later when we go for a walk.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Chilly at 14.5 deg in here.

987 mBar, 29.146 in Hg, 740.3 Torr, 65% RH.

Telex machine shining oh so very very brightly, Roy.

Walk (unabbreviate) walked in the drizzle.

Freecell score (other box): 100%, running average 84%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tree rat observed consuming some of the fatballs.

If I could still see to shoot straight, & didn't mind offing it, I'd off it.

Bird feeders duly replenished.

Black cat fed.

Freecell score (other box) 100% (of 5), running average 84%.

Entertainment: nothing that I can find.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice & peas, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Followed some time later by a slice of ginger cake. V. nice. (I don't buy it often).

Entertainment: Scotland Yard: the one about the unfortunate girl offed in a whisky lorry heist.

The last 15 minutes of "Chicken Run".

Roswell S1 E8 "Blood Brother": the one with the car accident.

Roswell S1 E9 "Heat Wave".

Roswell S1 E10 "The Balance".

Partway through this last I had the feeling I'd forgotten something, which turned out to be The Oak Island nutjobbery: Drilling Down : Gary's best finds.

Feck me, that was tedious: it was on but I'm not sure I watched much of it. : Gary & his top pocket finds (see more after the break) tends to pall just a little.

It just took 6 or 7 refreshes to get in here again.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 December 2021, 22:04.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day here, with light rain predicted to start any time now. Currently 8°C with a chance of 9° tonight, and the likelihood of rain varying from 100% through the morning to 40% at various times in afternoon and evening; barometers down at 984/992mB

My original plan for today was to shoot down to M&S and Sainsbury's, as they'll probably have stuff like pigs in blankets and other Christmas fare at greatly reduced prices to clear. But with having made preparations for Christmas at home which then didn't happen, along with leftovers brought back from the one that did, I don't have any space for anything. So I won't bother

Comment

Morning all

Dull and wet out. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 later. Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer down to 994 mBar.

Took 6 page refreshes to get this thread to load this morning. (EDIT: and a further 4 to see the thread after I posted)

Will be venturing out to Sainsbury's later today, when I gather the wherewithal to leave the flat.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Regina Jonas is ordained as the first female rabbi in the history of Judaism 1935

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: a roast beef cob, making use of some leftover beef from the rib joint my mother roasted yesterday. Delicious bit of meat

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Continuous but very light drizzle throughout. I made the detour via the pharmacy, though with no real expectation that it would be open. It wasn't

Comment

Visit to Sainsbury's done. I acquired everything that was on my list, with no spur of the moment deviations, except for Brabantia size G bin liners. They were only selling the small quantity pack which makes for a more expensive price per bin bag than the larger pack that Ocado sell. As the need is not urgent, I can wait for when I next put in an Ocado order.

The Lloyds pharmacy, located in the middle of Sainsbury's, does not have stock of LFTs.

Did a covid test to make sure that it's safe for HMWBO to arrive tomorrow (negative).

Had a cursory push around of the vacuum cleaner and then spotted all the bits I missed after I put it away (I didn't get it back out).

Now drinking a glass of egg nog while contemplating doing my OU assessment that's due on 6 January. It's an online multiple choice one so isn't exactly onerous. It would be terribly bad form to get less than 100% on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Visit to Sainsbury's done. I acquired everything that was on my list, with no spur of the moment deviations, except for Brabantia size G bin liners. They were only selling the small quantity pack which makes for a more expensive price per bin bag than the larger pack that Ocado sell. As the need is not urgent, I can wait for when I next put in an Ocado order.
                      I got a large pack of them from Amazon for a good price a while ago

I think I'm down to my last one and I'm planning to replace the kitchen bin anyway; the lid's still broken, so I reckon it'll have to go to the tip and I'll get a smaller one. There's so much that goes in the recycling now that I don't get anywhere near to filling this one before it starts turning rank in warm weather, so downsizing seems like the best plan

Comment

Working...
                      X