• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet & wild day here, so we’re hunkered down. The WifeTM asked me to check if a house round the corner had sold yet. It’s been on a week, but still not sold. Next I was on to check house prices and pleased to see that ours is now worth 5% more than we paid for it in June.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Do we need Likes / Thanks or are they are Progressive enhancement those without javascript or on mobile could live without?
      I think they're essential for the mental health of CUK posters, who otherwise lack any form of validation

Comment

Popped to Iceland for celery and onions, as I realised I lacked both and I want to make soup overnight in the slow cooker. Most people were wearing masks, though some bloke strolled in without one just ahead of me

Refurbishment continues apace at the kebab shop. Still not sure exactly what they're doing, but I think a new counter may be in the making. I assume it's not going to involve any change of use, as they're always really busy.

And you'll all be pleased to hear that the Polish café, having survived the deliveries only era, seems to be thriving

Comment

I also checked the bins. General waste are all empty; recycling is about half full. So I don't think I'll bother trundling this week

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Popped to Iceland for celery and onions, as I realised I lacked both and I want to make soup overnight in the slow cooker. Most people were wearing masks, though some bloke strolled in without one just ahead of me
            Was on a bus today and some guy nearby was wearing a mask as a chin strap.

The person I was with has a horrible cold - so it's likely he's now got it and will be thinking it is Covid.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bit of a fright today. Was turning left at a junction and some idiot was completely on the wrong side side of the road overtaking a bicycle at speed. Had to slam on brakes.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: M&S Cumberland sausages with chips and beans. The sausages are nice and peppery, and all in all it was a delicious change from all this fancy festive fare

And before that I prepped the stuff for the overnight soup, so that's all ready to go

Comment

HWMBO and I pootled over to Notting Hill / Portobello Road way and had a little mooch about.

Found a very good off license that has stock to rival the hallowed Gerry's in Soho. We then went over to Jeroboam wherein HWMBO discovered that they had a bottle of Cristal of a particular vintage for the equivalent of a 'bargain' in expensive wine terms. So he bought that because my friend had a bottle of Gusborne Rose delivered to me today with a card saying "here's some fizz in case HWMBO doesn't buy you Cristal for New Year".

After that, we went over to an establishment with three names (Ginstitute, The Resting Room, The Distillary) for a couple of pre-cinema cocktails.

We very much enjoyed The King's Man and also I was pleased to finally get to The Electric Cinema and discovered it was a far nicer venue than I had expected.

After the fillum we went to the Electric Diner attached to the cinema for dinner and more cocktails before getting the bus home.

Comment

Telly has been some cop nonsense while eating, followed by a further episode of the excellent Dopesick

And then another Air Crash Investigation, featuring the DC-10 that took off and immediately shed its left engine before plummeting to earth, wiping out a hangar and the people working in it

The slow cooker has been started, so I'd better get to sleep so I can rise bright and early to get on to the second stage of the soupmaking

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all still wet & windy out.
                      Glad we're not sailing, but now girding my loins for a swim tomorrow morning.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X