• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

<hiatus during which I forgot about the cottons>

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the landing.

The Radiomobile car wireless has had more bits changed, mostly remarkably intercoursed capacitors.

It played for a long time this afternoon but the distortion gradually increased.

I've altered the bias on the audio amp but there's more going on than I've figured out.

For something I faffed about with nearly half a century ago, it seems to work ok considering my almost complete lack of test equipment at the time.

Quite why the IF is at 540kHz, I dunno.

Why the IF transformers are double tuned: I dunno (most odd but the IF does work).

The inverter that generates the 100V for the valves runs at 20kHz which is pretty good and seems as solid as a rock.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, stewed rock hard pears (experiment) with custard as a change from the orange segments, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Chino(1973) being some obscure Charles Bronson thing from the 70s that I've never heard of, and wish I hadn't since it's not exactly gripping.

As one of the reviews says "lots of spag, not so much western".

Freecell score: 85%, running average 83%.

I should have quite whilst I was ahead.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was M&S pepperoni pizza.
      nice 'n' easy after my <mostly> liquid lunch.
      with unspecified red wine*

'vera' on ITV for ents.

*i'll leave it to your imagination

Comment

Shopping done, fridge full again, freezer throwing its hands up saying "I haven't got room for any of it!"

A bit busier at that time on a Friday than it was a few weeks ago, but still quite bearable.

As I was busy today I didn't have time for exercise bicycling. The watch has awarded me ten minutes for shopping and general bimbling about, but I still need to make up twenty minutes to get the green ring, so I suppose I'd better hop on the machine before making my tea - or maybe while making it, as I've decided it'll be something that can just be stuck in the oven for as long as it needs and requires no particular attention after that. I should have got a Pukka Pie as that would be just right, but I didn't think of it until I was on the way back

Comment

We have veal for dinner. HWMBO claims all the prep is done to a point where I could cook it. I have negotiated me opening a bag of salad just to keep us both safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            We have veal for dinner. HWMBO claims all the prep is done to a point where I could cook it. I have negotiated me opening a bag of salad just to keep us both safe.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, though not as much as usual; green ring closed

And dinner nearly ready

Comment

M&S chunky breaded haddock, chips, and beans; very nice

Comment

Just had some OP.

Reminds me of when I was a student and went to the Lake District. The publican was impressed that I drank bitter and gave me an old man's pint pot but all the blokes lager pint pots for their bitter....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I haven't had an OP for a while. Must get some next time I go shopping

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I destalked the salad and added some pre-prepared (by HWMBO) dressing.

I also made some cocktails as I'm not too shabby at knocking up alcoholic beverages.

As HWMBO is quite pleased with himself, I shall elaborate further on his dinner:
                      - Veal escalopes filled with speck, pecorino and gruyere and breaded the fried in much butter/olive oil
                      - Bacon fried beans, carrots and radiccio
                      plus that bag o'salad

Comment

Working...
                      X