• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    That sounds a bit ominous...
    It's possible I'm the fall guy, I suspect however it won't impact me.

We are caught in an internal game of politics and they are simply not listening...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It's possible I'm the fall guy, I suspect however it won't impact me.

We are caught in an internal game of politics and they are simply not listening...
      Are you working on the same project as me?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Are you working on the same project as me?
        Doubt it as end client here is German
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just about ready to enter don't-go-out-because-the-delivery-could-arrive-any-time-in-the-next-seven-hours mode

According to the John Lewis website, they will call "up to 30 minutes" before arriving. That could, of course, mean "as little as one second"; it's not really something you can organise your life around

I decided trying to get the old fridge freezer downstairs on my own would be the action of an imbecile, so they'll have to do it. I am happy to hang around getting in the way and offering vague and impractical advice to these people who move bulky objects for a living, should that be needed

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I see your cosplay and raise you a 4 bit computer

The Cardboard Computer | Hackaday

Every time we say “We’ve seen it all”, along comes a project that knocks us off. 60 year old [Mark Nesselhaus] likes to learn new things and he’s never worked with hardware at the gate level. So he’s building himself a 4-bit Computer, using only Diode-Transistor Logic. He’s assembling the whole thing on “card board” perf-board, with brass tacks for pads. Why — because he’s a thrifty guy who wants to use what he has lying around. Obviously, he’s got an endless supply of cardboard, tacks and Patience. The story sounds familiar. It started out as a simple 4-bit full adder project and then things got out of hand. You know he’s old school when he calls his multimeter an “analog VOM”!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Agent on the phone: apparently ClientCo has just realised they never specified which three days a week

It seems Tue-Wed-Thu would suit them, so we're going with that. No unpleasant Monday morning feeling for me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Agent on the phone: apparently ClientCo has just realised they never specified which three days a week

It seems Tue-Wed-Thu would suit them, so we're going with that. No unpleasant Monday morning feeling for me
                And a long weekend every weekend.

Result!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just about ready to enter don't-go-out-because-the-delivery-could-arrive-any-time-in-the-next-seven-hours mode

According to the John Lewis website, they will call "up to 30 minutes" before arriving. That could, of course, mean "as little as one second"; it's not really something you can organise your life around

I decided trying to get the old fridge freezer downstairs on my own would be the action of an imbecile, so they'll have to do it. I am happy to hang around getting in the way and offering vague and impractical advice to these people who move bulky objects for a living, should that be needed
                  "Pivot!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    And a long weekend every weekend.

Result!

And more time to do Monday Links from Home
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just had the 30 minute warning from the delivery people!

Comment

Working...
                      X