• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    7 kids in a soft play when I have a hangover, was not enjoyable at all!
    7? Why did you let 2 other parents offload children on you....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Currently trying to learn SPARQL...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        Currently trying to learn SPARQL...
        Are you learning cloggie too?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Are you learning cloggie too?
          May as well be
          Join IPSE

Comment

Sounds like tupperware sales are about to increase in the NF locale.

My garage has the same approach to customer relations.

Quite irritating.

The washing machine deposited a gallon or so of water over the kitchen floor yesterday.

Fortunately I'd started it while I ate my tea, otherwise I'd have come home to a flood.

Floor's nice & clean though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Sounds like tupperware sales are about to increase in the NF locale.
              They have

My garage has the same approach to customer relations.

Quite irritating.
              Indeed. All he had to do was phone and tell me what was going on

The washing machine deposited a gallon or so of water over the kitchen floor yesterday.

Fortunately I'd started it while I ate my tea, otherwise I'd have come home to a flood.

Floor's nice & clean though.
              Even though my washing machine has never yet malfunctioned, I still don't run it other than when I'm in the flat. Mind you, there's the flat downstairs to consider, too - I can do without flooding their kitchen along with mine

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                And iteration n of the requirements for a 'simple little sql script' for client b is now finished. The most horrendous data munging abomination that you could ever wish to see.
                ... and now we're on iteration n+2

Comment

You should see some of the tulipe I've written in my time.

Horrendous some of it.

Especially some of the stuff that used EQUIVALENCE and unions for swapping bytes about & suchlike.

Not to mention being machine & implementation specific.g

I was contemplating making a Z80 equivalent of a PIC16f84 as a demonstrator this afternoon.

Just to show how much is in that little 18 pin package compared with what was required 35 to 40 years ago.

Z80.

Z80PIO.

Z80CTC.

Ram.

Eprom.

Yum.

Them were the days.

I got a copy of the Siliconix LSI databook 1980 from the free bookshop in Swansea this afternoon.

Dunno why, really, since everything in it is long obsolete, but it brought back a few memories.

I was looking for the Hitachi LCD manual that I spotted last week, but someone else had snaffled it in the meantime.

Comment

Especially some of the stuff that used EQUIVALENCE and unions for swapping bytes about & suchlike.
                    I did some of that in my first year of coding - reading some tape from some other system which stored its bytes t'other way round. Still remember my Fortran course - it was on video. The main bit I remember was a girl shivering on a snowy mountain in a bikini (I'm guessing the course was more aimed towards the boys) which was discussing the importance of units. And a man in a brown suit doing a lot of talking.

Shame there was no stackoverflow in those days - would have saved a lot of effort.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X