• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I’d like to thank Dbup for this post.
    Originally posted by Diagnose b4 u prescribe View Post
    I've posted this example reply I used to refute a Statutory Demand a couple of years ago, just in case the supposed 'new' lot at West 28th Street follow the same path as Felicitas (although I doubt they will). Perhaps some of those new to this thread may also want to draft a few bullet points of their own for future 'insurance purposes'. It cost me nothing except the recorded delivery postage. Here you go and hope it might help someone out there:

Dear Mr. xx
    Your Ref: 12345
    (Garraway/ Original Provider name) scheme ref: 12345

I am in receipt of your undated Statutory Demand made by your creditor Felicitas Solutions Limited in respect of alleged loan payments during the period (x date) and (y date).

Please treat this letter as a formal request to have this demand withdrawn and the court to set aside. This is based on information including, but not exclusive to the following points:
    • I believe this alleged debt does not constitute either in form or intent, an employer or business loan but that this was a disguised remuneration scheme.
    • Your letter is in breach of “pre-action protocol”, in that you have not adhered to the series of steps that must be taken to bring a claim or resolve a dispute in court.
    • You have misused a Statutory demand as this is not a debt recovery procedure but a way to prove that an individual or a company cannot pay their liabilities as they fall due and are therefore cashflow insolvent.
    • You have not applied due diligence in establishing the validity of the claim.
    • You have failed to take into consideration the scheme’s arrangements with (X) who administered funds paid into (Garraway/ Original Provider name) as well as those paid out.
    You claim to be acting on behalf of Felicitas Solutions Limited who in turn allege they are acting on behalf of the scheme trustees. However, I am in receipt of documentation issued by (x) on behalf of Garraway Consultants describing the ‘Garraway Consultants EMPLOYED Solution’ that states the following ‘The new solution does not rely on any trust and is not an Employee Benefit Trust solution.’

I have kept meticulous records of all physical and electronic communication received from the scheme promoters and their numerous agents including those who have made a series of ‘final settlement offers’ over the years including offers to settle by paying 5%, 6% and 10% of the total alleged claim. These include CHS Ltd, DOR Resolutions Limited, Trust Help Line, Dynamic Partners Consultants Limited, Gladstones, Felicitas Solutions Limited and now you on behalf of Statutory Law Limited.

I would expect any claim would be withdrawn immediately any parties carried out their due diligence and well before this demand was made so I believe this to be no more than vexatious litigation. In light of the information provided in this letter, please confirm in writing that any claim against me will be withdrawn. Should you decide to pursue this claim further, I give notice of my intention to vigorously defend my case. I will also make an application for costs in respect of my time and money plus the emotional distress caused to both myself and my family.

Furthermore I will also request you supply me with the following information for my records:
    • You have listed moneys paid out between x date and y date. Please also provide the details of the corresponding payments made into (x) on my behalf over the same period.
    • Please provide the name of the plaintiff against whom I will need to make my counter-claim including costs.
    I look forward to receiving your reply by return. Yours etc etc
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks for this information.
      Am I completely screwed then as I’m assuming they think I’ve ignored a SD even though I haven’t received any paperwork from this new company? The last thing I’ve received was from Felicitas and that was a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPatricia View Post
        Thanks for this information.
        Am I completely screwed then as I’m assuming they think I’ve ignored a SD even though I haven’t received any paperwork from this new company? The last thing I’ve received was from Felicitas and that was a long time ago.
        I have never received a SD either from Felicitas. I had a few letters from them and that was it. I outright refused to speak to these people today. He said they had already sent something in the post and it should be with me soon. Did he not mention this with you?

Comment

By the way, an SD is made to a court so there should be a trail of this somewhere if one has been made against you.

Comment

I’ve come home today to a letter from Town & Country requesting the money as outstanding debt with Felicitas. No mention of this new company at all.

I have requested all paperwork and contracts etc to be posted to me before I will speak with T&C any further.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPatricia View Post
              I’ve come home today to a letter from Town & Country requesting the money as outstanding debt with Felicitas. No mention of this new company at all.

I have requested all paperwork and contracts etc to be posted to me before I will speak with T&C any further.
              As Felictas used Gladstone before to collect the debt, seems they have turned now to an equally morally upstanding agency, one view of their website will show you exactly the type they are. The problem is it's another level of nonsense the victims have to suffer another branching out of the original threats etc., Get help on this as soon as you can it's worth it

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

As Felictas used Gladstone before to collect the debt, seems they have turned now to an equally morally upstanding agency, one view of their website will show you exactly the type they are. The problem is it's another level of nonsense the victims have to suffer another branching out of the original threats etc., Get help on this as soon as you can it's worth it
                Who would you suggest help is sought from? The citizens advice bureau? WTT? EL? Webberg?
                Last edited by looperevil; 25 February 2023, 10:54. Reason: Missed EL

Comment

Prior to yesterday, I have totally ignored any correspondence from THL, Felicitas and W28. The more you look into the way these people have conducted their communication, it seems they have always been wanting you to acknowledge the debt. Even by enticing you to pay a small amount to write it off, you are essentially acknowledging there is a debt in the first place. Some of their communication for example was "please log into the portal and check the amount due etc".

I think the Statue Barred is an avenue that can potentially be pursued if you never ever responded to them or made a payment and it has been 6 years. There is a template you can download from the citizens advice bureau for this. But I want to run this by an expert first.

Comment

One other avenue to go down for help: if you have Legal Cover with your home insurance, you may ne able to use that. From what I can see Tax issues are covered. Whilst this is not explicitly a tax issue, it does kind of fall into that realm if you look on the HMRC websitr

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      So we have another push, do we?

If yet another debt collector is involved, you might find that you have something called a Statutory Demand land on your doorstep.

Here is some info on it:

Take a look at the original thread for more information https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2844367
                      I doubt it's Statuary demands because if they are valid you would be going straight to court for enforcement.

So we are left with a new firm of debt collectors who appear to have bought the debts based on a set of lies from Felicitas because

"the debt wasn't owed is from HMRC who instructed Felicitas and then Felicitas sold that debt to WB."
                      is completely and utterly implausible. HMRC doesn't sell debt on, it passes it to collection firms for a percentage payment.

So I would be replying to them to provide evidence that any legal agreement with Felicitas exists and ask them to provide evidence to back up the claim because WB seem to have been conned by Felicitas.

But also don't use things like claiming the debt is Statue Barred because that implies you think the debt existed at some point stick to simple things like please provide all evidence that the loan exists because I do not believe it does.
                      Last edited by eek; 25 February 2023, 12:05.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X