• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Thank you bud... reads with mouth wide open...
    It's nothing new as it's literally why I describe these schemes as Schrodinger Money (as the money becomes different things to different people based on their viewpoint)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WJK View Post
      They are Back!
      Just received mail today 11th August.
      Below is an extract from the mail. It goes on to say that if I pay xxx which is a final settlement by end of August then they will write off the rest!

Mail extract:

As you can see, we have the right to demand repayment of the capital.
      Can you indeed see this from your letter?

It would be the first time they have distributed/shown any evidence of their rights to demand payment

Comment

Has anyone else received this email, or just the OP ?

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Can you indeed see this from your letter?

It would be the first time they have distributed/shown any evidence of their rights to demand payment

I cannot see any evidence within the mail only txt that I shared.

Footnote to mail:
          If you will not or cannot pay the due amount, then we would prefer to avoid your bankruptcy if at all
          possible. We have reviewed your file and calculate that it would be preferable to offer to settle the matter
          with you at discount. This offer is made without prejudice to our right to enforce repayment of the
          outstanding balance. If you repay £xxxxx, we will accept it in full and final settlement of the loans
          shown in the schedule. We will write off the remaining. £xxxxxxxxTo accept this offer, please make
          payment to our agent as follows. You will automatically receive a letter, signed by a company director.

Comment

Received the same today. They can whistle.

Comment

Footnote to mail:
              If you will not or cannot pay the due amount, then we would prefer to avoid your bankruptcy if at all
              possible. We have reviewed your file and calculate that it would be preferable to offer to settle the matter
              with you at discount. This offer is made without prejudice to our right to enforce repayment of the
              outstanding balance. If you repay £xxxxx, we will accept it in full and final settlement of the loans
              shown in the schedule. We will write off the remaining. £xxxxxxxxTo accept this offer, please make
              payment to our agent as follows. You will automatically receive a letter, signed by a company director.
              Good to see the words full and final in the text there. Thanks for sharing with us, I hope whichever path you take works out well for you.

Comment

Footnote to mail:
                with you at discount. This offer is made without prejudice to our right to enforce repayment of the outstanding balance. If you repay £xxxxx, we will accept it in full and final settlement of the loans
                You were quite right Lance.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You would certainly want some legal wrapper around any agreement that's for sure.

Comment

Oh Joy !, it was a nice holiday.

But as before, I will wait till a judge decides that I must pay.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

You were quite right Lance.
                      I'm pretty sure that means the offer is made without prejudice. ie. one cannot use it as evidence that the loan amount is lower that they claim. It does not mean that, after accepting the offer, the remainder of the balance could be chased. Of course, that only works if the "letter, signed by a company director" is worded as such, and I'd not naturally trust that to be the case.
                      Last edited by Paralytic; 11 August 2021, 16:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X