• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest correspondence is such a poor effort ... <mod snip>. I wish they would stop being so childish and actually take people to court ... its getting so boring! Well over 12 months of hollow threats.

I’ve got a single document (Amongst a lot of others) that I’m very very confident will blow them clean out of the water, I’d love to have to present it in court. I’m so confident I wouldn’t spend money on a solicitor to represent me.

Stay strong everyone and make sure you reach out to friends and family if this is impacting your mental health ... This will pass in due course.
    Last edited by cojak; 28 March 2021, 12:59. Reason: Keeping the post on the straight and narrw

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post
      The latest correspondence is such a poor effort ... . I wish they would stop being so childish and actually take people to court ... its getting so boring! Well over 12 months of hollow threats.

I’ve got a single document (Amongst a lot of others) that I’m very very confident will blow them clean out of the water, I’d love to have to present it in court. I’m so confident I wouldn’t spend money on a solicitor to represent me.

Stay strong everyone and make sure you reach out to friends and family if this is impacting your mental health ... This will pass in due course.
      I have emailed Newcastle County Court but I can't seem to find a direct number. I have a contact number for crown court. Let's see what they come back with.

Comment

Originally posted by jxtractor View Post

I have emailed Newcastle County Court but I can't seem to find a direct number. I have a contact number for crown court. Let's see what they come back with.
        I find it unbelievable that a judge in the County Court at Newcastle's Civil and Family Courts and Tribunals Centre is au fait with the technicalities of tax avoidance schemes. What an unbelievable coincidence!

The other thing I don't get is the fact they referred to a particular scheme that I never used. Each scheme had its own T&C's, supporting artefacts etc so why would one alleged win in court make a difference to someone who's never used the scheme in question?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what actually has happened, assuming somebody gets to the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post

I find it unbelievable that a judge in the County Court at Newcastle's Civil and Family Courts and Tribunals Centre is au fait with the technicalities of tax avoidance schemes. What an unbelievable coincidence!

The other thing I don't get is the fact they referred to a particular scheme that I never used. Each scheme had its own T&C's, supporting artefacts etc so why would one alleged win in court make a difference to someone who's never used the scheme in question?
            This is nothing to do with schemes - that requires going to a court in the IoM.

this is to do with the statuary demands and the likelihood that they have helped trigger a couple of bankruptcy decisions for people who were close to it anyway (or at least I hope they were and this isn’t the only trigger for their decision to seek bankruptcy protection
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

......and for Felicitas to do that, then it's going to cost them money isn't it.......potentially a lot of money, especially if they loose the case.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

this is to do with the statuary demands and the likelihood that they have helped trigger a couple of bankruptcy decisions for people who were close to it anyway (or at least I hope they were and this isn’t the only trigger for their decision to seek bankruptcy protection
                In their correspondence they were prescriptive to what scheme was involved and they made specific reference to the judge being aware of how tax planning (Avoidance) schemes worked ... hence my previous commentary.

You could well be correct on the statuary demand angle ... I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by jxtractor View Post

I presume you tried this numer 0191 201 2000 ?

Comment

Love how they add the comment "You are not the person they won the court case against" I suspect I may already know this. Very thoughtful of them.

Oh and my final deadline is now April after the last final one was March and before that....

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                      Love how they add the comment "You are not the person they won the court case against" I suspect I may already know this. Very thoughtful of them.

Oh and my final deadline is now April after the last final one was March and before that....
                      I love how they have come up with arbitrary interest ... What the feck is all that about. I'm sure the last time I took out a loan I knew the T&C's upfront along with the repayment term and interest charged on the amount I'd borrowed.

Comment

Working...
                      X