• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    pretty much the conversation I had with Darwin.

Just add on a bit at the end where they say "it's all about your appetite to risk"
    To which I replied "you told me earlier there's no risk. I'm out. Goodbye"
    That is exactly what Andrew Thompson of Fiscus Management said to me on the phone when he was heading up Garraway from the shadows almost ten years ago, those famous words "appetite for risk".

I have no appetite for risk thank you. Parasitic b*, go out and work yourself rather than use other peoples hard-earned graft for your disposable income!

Comment

Loans?

At least you guys heard the words loans. No one ever said the word loans to me.... It was called trusts and beneficiaries and umbrellas.
      Last edited by GregRickshaw; 16 December 2020, 09:37. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
        At least you guys heard the words loans. No one ever said the word loans to me.... It was called trusts and beneficiaries and umbrellas.
        Yep - as I mentioned above

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It was set up as a trust and trusts work by lending you things that are then returned or passed on to your descendants (who as part of the inheritance become beneficiaries of the trust).

So everything looked ok and posh (look the Duke of Westminster does the same) until you discover that the Duke of Westminster has full control over his trusts and the members of these schemes didn't.
        My opinion of the people involved is that they are the type of people that DealorNoDeal describe - in it totally for themselves having found a fear / demon (IR35) to sell their scheme against
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not all people used this scheme to avoid IR35

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep - as I mentioned above

My opinion of the people involved is that they are the type of people that DealorNoDeal describe - in it totally for themselves having found a fear / demon (IR35) to sell their scheme against

In my case, I was providing consultancy services to three companies based outside the UK, so I used this scheme's in-order to pay tax in the UK but use it as a tax avoidance service. After all, this is what I was sold by Sanzar and Garraway.

Had the scheme checked by PWC too, costly exercise ££££ that didn't do me much good.

If only we had a time machine and the scheme provider highlighted some risks.

Silly boy, expensive lesson, paid all tax now, paid 6% already to scheme provider each month and now there is a possibility to pay 100% to Felicitas.
          Last edited by happychap; 16 December 2020, 12:31. Reason: Speeling never was my strong point, nor was choosing the right scheme !

Comment

It was fear of IR35 that initially got me looking at a scheme. This was back in 2001, just after IR35 came in, when it seemed like it might have teeth. However, I'd be lying if I said the 85% take home wasn't a big attraction.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Agree 80-85% take home aint bad

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              It was fear of IR35 that initially got me looking at a scheme. This was back in 2001, just after IR35 came in, when it seemed like it might have teeth. However, I'd be lying if I said the 85% take home wasn't a big attraction.
              Agree the 80% take home ain't bad but now we are all looking at the following.

The contractor paid by Employer 100% or £1
              The contractor pays 6% to Scheme Provider -£0.06
              The contractor pays some Tax and NI based on min wage -£0.14
              The contractor takes home £0.80

Some Years later

HMRC takes the full tax as the so-called loans are income -£0.25
              The contractor now pays back the loans to Feliciats -£1

mmm that leaves me -£0.45

As I said before wish I had a time machine

Comment

All gone very quiet

It seems to have gone very quiet on the Felicitas front - Maybe they have shifted to stealing pensions?

Comment

Originally posted by Whowouldhavethought View Post
                  It seems to have gone very quiet on the Felicitas front - Maybe they have shifted to stealing pensions?

They are still sending out weekly or bi-weekly emails saying 'you have a new document - log onto the portal'

Desperate idiots

Comment

Originally posted by PJSMITH1980 View Post
                    They are still sending out weekly or bi-weekly emails saying 'you have a new document - log onto the portal'

Desperate idiots
                    Checked my spam folder and can see the same message, has anyone checked or logged in to see what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by contractorneveragain View Post
                      Checked my spam folder and can see the same message, has anyone checked or logged in to see what it is?
                      I doubt it.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X