• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catching a ride from space

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching a ride from space

Just watched the fifth launch SpaceX Starship rocket.
    Not only was it a complete success, so far, but the primary stage executed a manoeuver on its return to earth that saw it successfully caught by two arms of the launchpad tower the rocket had taken off from.

Pretty cool IMHO

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cq8xpz598zjt

It was an amazing thing to see. SpaceX really is breaking new ground all the time, shame it's linked with a complete nutcase.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
      It was an amazing thing to see. SpaceX really is breaking new ground all the time, shame it's linked with a complete nutcase.
      The world is changed by unreasonable men.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I wouldn't touch a Tesla for that reason alone.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
          I wouldn't touch a Tesla for that reason alone.
          But you do as I bet you use Starlink internet and other Musky products even if you're not aware of it and in any case you're quite happy to buy endless amounts from human rights abusing and dictatorial China so why not support someone who's on our side?

Comment

It's linked to someone who has imagination and is willing to take risks and work hard, qualities sorely lacking in the UK. Did you see how excited the SpaceX techies were, a long time since I've seen that in a UK workplace, I'd have loved to think it was my software controlling that rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              But you do as I bet you use Starlink internet and other Musky products even if you're not aware of it and in any case you're quite happy to buy endless amounts from human rights abusing and dictatorial China so why not support someone who's on our side?
              How do you know woody uses Starlink?

As for someone "on your side", this is the guy who supports Putin (is that why you like him so much?), hates the UK (maybe that's the link?), and says Social Media companies should not be political, while he spreads lies (or "disinformation" as newspeak prefers to call it) about anyone who stands up against the orange convicted felon and friend of Epstein/Putin.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's linked to someone who has imagination and is willing to take risks and work hard
                I don't disagree with that and I admire how he's developed Tesla and SpaceX, they're both quite remarkable.

But in the last few years he's gone completely down the hard right-wing GOP rabbithole and shown a really unpleasant side. I genuinely think he has some serious mental health issues, which is concerning for someone in such a powerful position. YMMV.

Comment

It's linked to someone who has imagination and is willing to take risks and work hard, qualities sorely lacking in the UK. Did you see how excited the SpaceX techies were, a long time since I've seen that in a UK workplace, I'd have loved to think it was my software controlling that rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

I missed that bit. Reminds me of a girl I met at the CUK conference in Bridgewater Services, I think that was the line she used on me.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X