• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bucket list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Done all the above. Could cover all of them with a few well planned holidays over a few years.

Why would you want this on your bucket list? As a daft kit I tried half an E in Ibiza before we went to Manumission. Ended up jumping in the pool in the middle and cracking my head on the side resulting in Boy George holding a towel to my fore head before I went for four stitches without anethesia because I'd taken the E. True story. I've a picture somewhere of him helping me. Head bleed when you are wet looks horrific. Thankfully had a bad first try so never again. I wouldn't put this one on a bucket list to be honest.

You've had Codeine for something at some point? Tick a Class B drug and be happy with it.

I don't really do bucket lists but I must admit I'm desperate to meet Sir David Attenborough. Not just see him at a show. I want to shake his hand and thank him for his life's work. Spent my childhood all of us gathered round the TV watching him and still am. The things he's seen and done and the number of people he's touched is beyond belief.
    For you NLUK!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's a good question. Mine would be:

- Sprint a 12 seconds 100m
      - A week of snowboarding immediately followed by a week marinating in the Caribbean
      - See the Boca Juniors play River Plate. I've seen Boca play at La Bombonera and the atmosphere was electric

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Do a skydive
        Nope. No way, no how.

As for stand up, just go for an open mike session. I've been tempted. I've got this joke about motion sensitive lights and urinals...

My son and I went to a venue where anyone could turn up and perform rock. It was hugely fun - mainly because the audience comprised the other performers.

My view is, just try things. Tuesday and yesterday, I went to a gospel music workshop. We've gone through 12 of 16 songs. Tonight we do the other 4 and recap the last 12. Saturday we perform before a paying audience! Last year, my wife choreographed the local panto - never choreographed or really danced before, but it worked out really well.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
          1) Swim with dolphins
          2) Ride in a hot air balloon
          3) See the Northern Lights
          4) Holiday at one of the party islands notorious for booze-fuelled casual sex
          5) Go on a reckless gambling spree in Vegas
          6) Try Class A drugs
          These were in jest, if it wasn't obvious. I'm not that Jekyll and Hyde.

TBH, I can't think of anything I'd put on a bucket list.

Comment

A spade?
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I did a sky dive and loved it, one of those feelings you can't really replicate any other way (I've also tried 'indoor skydiving' but it's obviously not the same exhilaration). Once was definitely enough to tick the "done that" box - no interest in doing any more

Probably one of those "you're a lot more likely to die in a car than a plane" things but a few years after someone I work with did one as a big charity fundraiser thing and and broke both of his legs

Comment

Why is having lots of sex and enjoying dance music incompatible with swimming with Dolphins and partying in Vegas? I know a few that would disagree with you!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Why is having lots of sex and enjoying dance music incompatible with swimming with Dolphins
                  That's why you're banned from Seaworld.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Maybe they meant the Miami Dolphins
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'll just stick me head in a bucket. Nice and cheap.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X