• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bucket list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket list

Anyone else got one?

Here's one I started.

1) Swim with dolphins
    2) Ride in a hot air balloon
    3) See the Northern Lights
    4) Holiday at one of the party islands notorious for booze-fuelled casual sex
    5) Go on a reckless gambling spree in Vegas
    6) Try Class A drugs

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
    Anyone else got one?

Here's one I started.

1) Swim with dolphins - in Falklands
    2) Ride in a hot air balloon - back seat F3
    3) See the Northern Lights - Been to Newcastle
    4) Holiday at one of the party islands notorious for booze-fuelled casual sex - Been to Doncaster
    5) Go on a reckless gambling spree in Vegas - Exercise Red Flag
    6) Try Class A drugs - Post Tx drugs
    Only thing I'd like to do is one of PhD/Write a play/Write a novel based on my Masters Dissertation.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I started on, but couldn't be bothered, so I've gone with Seinfeld and moved a few letters along the alphabet.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not in the sense of anything being written down but there are a few things I would love to do.

I've been fortunate to already visit the Grand Canyon and see the Northern Lights in the Arctic (a few times including one pretty good display).

I would like to perform in front of a crowd (like an open mic not Webley), and to see if people like the songs I write.
        I would love to visit NZ.
        I would love to live somewhere genuinely beautiful in the countryside.
        I want to finally write a book or books (and again see if I am any good).

But actually, I don't want to change the world or be known. My dream is a quiet, content little life in a small, friendly community.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I much prefer the idea of a so called Sunshine List which avoids the tendency of bucket lists to have grand items items and/or things to do when you're old/retired or just unfeasible.

I've been lucky to have travelled to almost all corners of the world including most of SE Asia, Japan, China, South, Central and North America, Oz/NZ and much of Europe. The only countries I really still want to see are Iceland, India, Egypt and Chile.

I'll be quite content to have a fairly quiet retirement but the manageable things on my list include:

Do a skydive
          Perform stand up (I wrote some comedy at uni but never performed)
          Write a book (have several half finished ones)
          Learn to play guitar and drums (dabbled in both)

One of my sunshine items is to have a go in a flotation tank which I'm going to do in June.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            Perform stand up
            I do a stand-up every morning but it's not very funny.

IT Agile humour.. at best a limited market

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
              1) Swim with dolphins
              2) Ride in a hot air balloon
              3) See the Northern Lights
              4) Holiday at one of the party islands notorious for booze-fuelled casual sex
              5) Go on a reckless gambling spree in Vegas
              Done all the above. Could cover all of them with a few well planned holidays over a few years.
              6) Try Class A drugs
              Why would you want this on your bucket list? As a daft kit I tried half an E in Ibiza before we went to Manumission. Ended up jumping in the pool in the middle and cracking my head on the side resulting in Boy George holding a towel to my fore head before I went for four stitches without anethesia because I'd taken the E. True story. I've a picture somewhere of him helping me. Head bleed when you are wet looks horrific. Thankfully had a bad first try so never again. I wouldn't put this one on a bucket list to be honest.

You've had Codeine for something at some point? Tick a Class B drug and be happy with it.

I don't really do bucket lists but I must admit I'm desperate to meet Sir David Attenborough. Not just see him at a show. I want to shake his hand and thank him for his life's work. Spent my childhood all of us gathered round the TV watching him and still am. The things he's seen and done and the number of people he's touched is beyond belief.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I don't really do bucket lists but I must admit I'm desperate to meet Sir David Attenborough. Not just see him at a show. I want to shake his hand and thank him for his life's work. Spent my childhood all of us gathered round the TV watching him and still am. The things he's seen and done and the number of people he's touched is beyond belief.
                Let's hope that isn't the case, can you imagine the collective misery from the nation?

I think DA is one of the people I would most like to meet too. It was a dream of mine to watch Federer play tennis that I VERY nearly managed - I had Wimbledon finals tickets one year. I was watching Roger dismantle Anderson in the semis on the train down, setting up a dream final with Novak, before he lost a 2 set lead in a 5+ hour match. So instead of my only live tennis being a classic Novak Vs Roger in the Wimbledon final, I got to see Djokovic brush away a tired South African

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Let's hope that isn't the case, can you imagine the collective misery from the nation?
                  Lucky I didn't say all the animals he's touhed. That would take the next comment down to a new low for the forum.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I do a stand-up every morning but it's not very funny.

IT Agile humour.. at best a limited market
                    stolen!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X