• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our modem world...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our modem world...

This caught my eye this afternoon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68290650

Mr Currie's show Shtoom is described on the theatre website as a "unique, surrealist, dada punk-clown, non-verbal experience".

The Belfast comedian does not speak in the hour-long show until the very end, instead relying on mime, music and audience participation.

Saturday was the final performance of the three-night run in Soho. He had unveiled the Ukrainian and Palestinian flags at the conclusion of the show on at least one of the previous nights, also encouraging the audience to shout "Free Palestine" on that occasion.
    Yep, sounds like modern comedy - devoid of humour and wit but lots of posturing....
    Blog? What blog...?

This morning on LBC some rent a terrorist yob came on shouting about Genocide and how Israel wanted to kill all the Palestinians.

If it weren't so tragic it would be funny. Oddly it was Adolf & Joseph who said it best:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...t-big-lie-quot

I keep waiting for Mr Ferrari to point out that if Israel wanted all the Palestinians dead they would have done it by now. They have the ability technically and morally to do so.

Gaza strip is under an elected government of a proscribed terrorist organisation that is at a declared war with Israel, anything that the Israelis do that is allowed by the Geneva convention is fair game.

Just follow back every Palestinian rocket with a f-off missile that flattens six blocks. That would discourage Hamas lobbing rockets daily like they have since the noughties they could even inflate the casualty figures to even less believable levels.

Don't be wasting money to build a highly technological missile defence that tries to shot the rockets out of the sky leaving Israel with 10% of the Hamas projectiles getting through, destroy the problem at source like the Ukrainians do!

Have weapons drop on the water & fuel supplies provided in Gaza. Close the borders to Israel and encourage Egypt to take Hamas. Start a creeping barrage at Rakkah driving people into Egypt or open a corridor to the west bank and turn Gaza into dust.

Israel turns the other cheek and the left just slap it. The Terrorist are Hamas. Why aren't the Ukrainians having similar abuse?

As many Israel commentators have pointed out why do we hear nothing about the Muslims killing millions of other Muslims or Christians in internal wars?

Hamas are taking principles for weakness and their misguided supporters are allowed to abuse the Israelis.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      They have the ability technically and morally to do so
      You really think that? Give your head a little wobble. Your whole post is reactionary tripe, have you forgotten to take your medicine?
      Last edited by Snooky; 14 February 2024, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
        You really think that? Give your head a little wobble. Your whole post is reactionary tripe, have you forgotten to take your medicine?
        Thanks for your sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
          Doesn't need a wobble. You are divorced from reality.

Hamas was elected by the Palestinians, 70% of Palestinians surveyed supported October 7th. They have been bombarding Israeli civilians for decades. Ukraine are busy returning fire on military positions without censure Israel are 'baby killers'.

Oddly we supported America, France, Germany, UK killing civilians in Iraq & Afghanistan with less provocation. We support Ukraine but Israel are cut off.

Is it because they are Jews? Are you a bunch of Anti Semites?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Doesn't need a wobble. You are divorced from reality.

Hamas was elected by the Palestinians, 70% of Palestinians surveyed supported October 7th. They have been bombarding Israeli civilians for decades. Ukraine are busy returning fire on military positions without censure Israel are 'baby killers'.

Oddly we supported America, France, Germany, UK killing civilians in Iraq & Afghanistan with less provocation. We support Ukraine but Israel are cut off.

Is it because they are Jews? Are you a bunch of Anti Semites?
            That sounds like some of the arguments for segregation of Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland and the resulting conflict.

As long as you are so blinkered to only see one side of a fight, then you'll never be able to help bring about any kind of peace - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you believe that there are no Palestinians who want to live peaceful lives alongside their neighbours.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread where NF, Mal, Cojak et al were discussing their modem collections and chatting about how excited they were when they first connected to 56k bps.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I thought this was going to be a thread where NF, Mal, Cojak et al were discussing their modem collections and chatting about how excited they were when they first connected to 56k bps.
                Should I mention the 300 baud acoustic modem in the cupboard upstairs?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Should I mention the 300 baud acoustic modem in the cupboard upstairs?
                  Membership approved. Welcome to the club.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

That sounds like some of the arguments for segregation of Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland and the resulting conflict.

As long as you are so blinkered to only see one side of a fight, then you'll never be able to help bring about any kind of peace - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you believe that there are no Palestinians who want to live peaceful lives alongside their neighbours.
                    Well as the English created that segregation to govern Ireland more easily we did really need to take the blame for that. By the way you realise Ireland was offered self rule in 1940 all they had to do was help fight Hitler? Imagine that, just help fight the greatest nutcase of the 20th century and you can have independence. Strangely they declined unlike India, Africa and other terribly oppressed colonies.

I am sure there are Palestinians who just want to get along, that accounts for the 30% who didn't vote for a terrorist government whose charter was kill all the Jews. Just like the 70% who didn't vote for Hitler. We can celebrate the ones like Schindler who actually did the humane thing but I am not blinded to Hamas and the Palestinians.

I would love peace, that is what Israel tried when they left Gaza to self govern and the rockets started. The Israelis built Iron dome and ignored the Hamas nutters. The rest of the world kept saying how badly the Palestinians had been treated and Hamas infiltrated the UN.

I am not blinkered Hamas are the enemy of democracy and are intent on wiping out the Jews, they will tell any lie to that end. The comment was about the Palestinian's version of "the big lie" of Genocide being repeated on international press. It needs to be challenged. If Israel were intent on Genocide then they would be finished by now.
                    If Hamas and by extension the overwhelming majority of the Palestinians were capable of genocide Israel would be a smoking hole in the ground.

What needs to happen is the world to have a grown up conversation with both sides once every Hamas member is dead or in prison.

Comment

Working...
                    X