• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Our modem world...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Our modem world..."

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    This is getting nasty and vitriolic, so I’m going to close this thread.

I would suggest that all parties stop taking chunks out of each other and step back for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Is that really true? Apart from Oct 7, I don't recall any reports of large numbers of Israeli civilians being killed.
    Just because Hamas are crap at rockets doesn't mean Hamas are not attacking on a daily basis and wish to kill.

Have a look at Iron dome, the Israelis mitigated the near daily rocket attacks without slaughtering civilians. Many Israelis sleep in bomb shelters because of daily bomb attacks from the Gaza strip many using hospitals, schools and other civilian areas as a base.

here is a casualty list.
    https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...tims-in-israel

Israel would kill more Hamas operatives during peace keeping activities but they prefer to lock them up. See the thousand detained or convicted of terrorism swapped for Israeli hostages held for up to 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

Is that really true? Apart from Oct 7, I don't recall any reports of large numbers of Israeli civilians being killed.
    If they were, you would - in spades. Not only that for every 1 Israeli killed then 20+ Palestinians would be killed in retribution with another 40 kicked out of their homes in the West Bank.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Perhaps the majority of Palestinians aren't too happy** being thrown out of their homes, bombed, shot*

*delete as appropriate.
    **All of which has happened before 7th October 2023.
    I would imagine the residents of Dresden & Tokyo weren't particularly happy but we aren't now ruled worldwide by a bunch of psychopathic nutters. Sadly some followers of Adolf and the Emperor were displaced just as many Jews, Poles etc were by the other side.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

They voted Hamas in and recent surveys suggest that 70% supported oct 7.

I keep talking about support of a terrorist organisation and you keep expanding it to all Palestinians

No I am calling you "a useful idiot" like "queers for Hamas" not realising what Hamas would do to your kind when they get power, they despise you.

FTFY.
    Funny how that now I've called you out, you've decided the best response is to edit my posts to suit your claim.
    And yet you don't edit yourself:

Just follow back every Palestinian rocket with a f-off missile that flattens six blocks.
    If all Palestinians put down their guns today
    You keep repeating a claim that 70% of Palestinians support Hamas, but you change it to suit whatever reply it is.
    70% voted for them?
    70% support them?

And all these multiple "recent surveys", have you looked into all of them?
    Turns out it was 668 people in total surveyed on the first week of November. I don't think that's every Palestinian. The people who were more supportive of the terrible attacks on 7th October were in the West Bank - the area where Netanyahu regularly carries out land grabs.

How many supported the attacks because of what happened on 5th October, or because of the hundreds of Palestinians killed by Israelis in 2023 before 7th October?

You don't see any difference between a terrorist and a civilian if you can lump them all together.

I do not support Hamas, I have never claimed I supported Hamas. But that doesn't suit you, so you continue to repeat lies and claims about me. You are a liar.

Leave a comment:

• woody1
    replied
    I note you don't mention the thousands of innocent Israelis killed due to Hamas aggression over the last few decades.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are all Palestinians members of Hamas? Do all Palestinians fully support everything Hamas does?
    They voted Hamas in and recent surveys suggest that 70% supported oct 7.

I keep talking about support of a terrorist organisation and you keep expanding it to all Palestinians

While Vetran is calling for me to be hung from a car park because I don't support murder of civilians on any side, that says more about him than it does about me.
    If you are so blinkered that you believe that ZERO Palestinians want to live at peace with their neighbours, then you're saying you want to continue the decades of violence and killing until there are no Palestinians left.
    No I am calling you "a useful idiot" like "queers for Hamas" not realising what Hamas would do to your kind when they get power, they despise you.

What is the difference between your (and Vetran's) desire to see all HAMAS wiped off the face of the planet, and Hamas's desire to do the same to Israel?
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I doubt there's a single person here who would have anything good to say about Hamas.

And in a way I can't even argue with where you're coming from, especially as a majority of Palestinians seemed to support the October 7 attacks.

It's just the terrible loss of life (innocent kids, women) that troubles some of us.
    It troubles me, I note you don't mention the thousands of innocent Israelis killed due to Hamas aggression over the last few decades. But to fix it we cannot allow Hamas to continue lying we need to stop supporting them like they are innocent. They voted overwhelmingly for Hamas, Hamas have been their government for 18 years. They really need to take some blame if we are going to have peace.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Perhaps the majority of Palestinians aren't too happy** being thrown out of their homes, bombed, shot*

*delete as appropriate.
    The hatred goes way further back than the last century,

This force was accompanied by twenty cohorts of allied troops and eight squadrons of cavalry, by the two kings Agrippa and Sohemus, by the auxiliary forces of king Antiochus, by a strong contingent of Arabs, who hated the Jews with the usual hatred of neighbours,

Tacitus Hist. 5.1

There is little new under the Sun.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Perhaps you should read Hamas's manifesto....
    Are all Palestinians members of Hamas? Do all Palestinians fully support everything Hamas does?

While Vetran is calling for me to be hung from a car park because I don't support murder of civilians on any side, that says more about him than it does about me.
    If you are so blinkered that you believe that ZERO Palestinians want to live at peace with their neighbours, then you're saying you want to continue the decades of violence and killing until there are no Palestinians left.

What is the difference between your (and Vetran's) desire to see all Palestinians wiped off the face of the planet, and Hamas's desire to do the same to Israel?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I doubt there's a single person here who would have anything good to say about Hamas.

And in a way I can't even argue with where you're coming from, especially as a majority of Palestinians seemed to support the October 7 attacks.

It's just the terrible loss of life (innocent kids, women) that troubles some of us.

*delete as appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• woody1
    replied

nah why does he need facts? he can just make tulip up as he goes along like rest of the Hamas fanbois!

If he vaguely understood the meaning of "from the river to the sea" he would have a chance.

Maybe we can get a banner "WTFH for Hamas"? They can throw him off a car park.

Originally posted by vetran
    I blame Hamas and by extension the Palestinians that elected this terrorist organisation

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

nah why does he need facts? he can just make tulip up as he goes along like rest of the Hamas fanbois!

If he vaguely understood the meaning of "from the river to the sea" he would have a chance.

Maybe we can get a banner "WTFH for Hamas"? They can throw him off a car park.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

That would be the Daily Mail.

As I said, until you can make the break from "All X are Y", you'll never get peace.

The majority of people who voted in the Brexit referendum voted for us to leave the EU. That does not mean every single person in the UK is a far right racist criminal, or even all Brexit voters are far right racist criminals, some might be, but I wouldn't tar all Brexit voters with the same brush.

As long as you keep grouping people together and deciding in your head what they all think, there's no hope for you.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    We need to drive out the terrorists and support peace. Hint one side really doesn't want peace which side is that?
    That would be the Daily Mail.

As I said, until you can make the break from "All X are Y", you'll never get peace.

The majority of people who voted in the Brexit referendum voted for us to leave the EU. That does not mean every single person in the UK is a far right racist criminal, or even all Brexit voters are far right racist criminals, some might be, but I wouldn't tar all Brexit voters with the same brush.

As long as you keep grouping people together and deciding in your head what they all think, there's no hope for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X