• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

72% of Turkeys vote for Hamas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I specifically wasn't blaming Islam but the region is very much divided in Arab minds on religious grounds.
    Ah, it's only "Arabs" that think there is religious division in the region, and there was me thinking that most of the world saw religious division in it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Ah, it's only "Arabs" that think there is religious division in the region, and there was me thinking that most of the world saw religious division in it.
      Way more complicated than that. The basic driver to the conflict is that they (and we) all worship the same God, the debate is over which prophet and which variation of their teachings you choose to follow, what your view on heretics is like and to what degree you address that view. Some, clearly, are still in the 13th Century, others are more tolerant - regardless of professed religion.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Way more complicated than that. The basic driver to the conflict is that they (and we) all worship the same God, the debate is over which prophet and which variation of their teachings you choose to follow, what your view on heretics is like and to what degree you address that view. Some, clearly, are still in the 13th Century, others are more tolerant - regardless of professed religion.
        Exactly.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Way more complicated than that. The basic driver to the conflict is that they (and we) all worship the same God
          So it is claimed. But not all of us believe that.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            So it is claimed. But not all of us believe that.
            I think you will find that is a common factor across all the Abrahamic religions though. Other pantheons are available.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Well Israel has a pretty relaxed attitude to Arab citizens, that is most definitely not reciprocated in Arab lands. Try having a look how many Jews are left in the surrounding Arab countries.

Before departing the Gaza strip in 2005 Israel removed every jew knowing they would likely be killed by Hamas etc.

There is also a religious division, Hamas also hate Christians, many Arabic states actively discriminate based on religion.

My point its not just a Muslim -> jew hatred its also an Arab -> jew hate.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well Israel has a pretty relaxed attitude to Arab citizens, that is most definitely not reciprocated in Arab lands. Try having a look how many Jews are left in the surrounding Arab countries.

Before departing the Gaza strip in 2005 Israel removed every jew knowing they would likely be killed by Hamas etc.

There is also a religious division, Hamas also hate Christians, many Arabic states actively discriminate based on religion.

My point its not just a Muslim -> jew hatred its also an Arab -> jew hate.
                Concentrating instead on the illegal occupation of lands in the West Bank.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X