• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much is a fully remote role worth to you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day in the office costs me £35 covering breakfast, lunch and travel.

£70 a week £280 a month and probably £560 before tax.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I fully work from home

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Hey they are stupid enough to pay me!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
          A day in the office costs me £35 covering breakfast, lunch and travel.

£70 a week £280 a month and probably £560 before tax.
          You don't have to pay for breakfast and lunch when you go into the office. Do you go out to buy those when you WFH?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

You don't have to pay for breakfast and lunch when you go into the office. Do you go out to buy those when you WFH?
            I don't WFH - I use a flexible workspace for £100 a month.

I don't buy breakfast but I do buy lunch. There is a small kitchen so I can make a sandwich or microwave something which is not an option in Canary Wharf.

Comment

WFH is worth more to me than a BA Gold Card, an IHG Diamond Elite Card and a Marriott Titanium card.

...much as they were useful, they were a sign that I spent more time away from the people I love and doing the things I love all for the sake of burning myself out chasing every penny.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He didn't say he had to, he said that's what he spent. I couldn't be arsed making a packed lunch for sure, and if I pass a nice coffee-shop/baker I would definitely treat myself. Who wants to travel with a rucksack full of tupperware and a heavy heated cup.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He didn't say he had to, he said that's what he spent.
                  I didn't say he said he had to. But, he was totting up the cost of going into the office, and included optional expenses into that. Those are his choices, not the cost of working from an office.

Comment

I didn't say he said he had to. But, he was totting up the cost of going into the office, and included optional expenses into that. Those are his choices, not the cost of working from an office.
                    * Taps the title of this post *

"How much is a fully remote role worth to you?"

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

When you work for top end companies certain standards are expected.

You can't whip out a Billy Bear Sausage Sandwich and bag of own brand crisps at lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X