• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilbert is cancelled...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I didn't offer to do anything about ypour worries. You announced that you had worries but you're obviously not *that* worried.
    Not interested Zigenare go and be tiresome to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

To be fair I'm not far behind you on that one but that doesn't mean it has to be taken seriously, looked at and hopefully improved. There are 44 million black people in the US. Assume the number scales with the number of respondants (which is a terrible assumption to be fair) then over 10 million people in the US think it's not OK to be white. That's a real problem.

It would have been interesting to know what that figure has been over the last few decades. I'll be willing to be its going up at a fair rate, to what end ? A race war?

But yeah, todays shock news will be long forgotten by the weekend.
      I thinks it’s worth taking seriously because we tend to follow the US.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I thinks it’s worth taking seriously because we tend to follow the US.
        The leftwing US media is brainwashing blacks against whites because the democrats need those black votes to turn out.

One thing the UK doesn't have is the same level of over zealous policing, beating and killing people on a regular basis. That really allows the leftwing media in the US to pump out anti white propaganda on a regular basis.

Plus the black vote is much larger in the US, 14% vs 4% in the UK.
        Last edited by Fraidycat; 27 February 2023, 21:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The leftwing US media is brainwashing blacks against whites because the democrats need those black votes to turn out.

One thing the UK doesn't have is the same level of over zealous policing, beating and killing people on a regular basis. That really allows the leftwing media in the US to pump out anti white propaganda on a regular basis.

Plus the black vote is much larger in the US, 14% vs 4% in the UK.
          Sadly plenty of people willing to sow hatred amongst their followers.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Elon is sticking up for him, which is fairly damning
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64790657

Elon is on a list with Trump and Farage "please don't help"
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Who would have a vested interest in not fixing the cultural issues?

As for Scott Adams, it's a hell of a way to retire and make a point. Out with a bang.
              And without a thought for poor little me...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No, it doesn't give me cause for concern. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can't change theirs and wouldn't waste my time trying. Whites don't have the monopoly on bigotry.
                I see, so for the same reason you wouldn't be concerned if 26% of whites disagreed with the statement of "It's ok to be black". Or 26% of any group were to disagree with "It's not ok to be Jewish"

Originally posted by Scott Adams View Post

If it is a problematic opinion then how can that problem be solved? In my opinion it can't. So white people should just stay the hell away from black people.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I see, so for the same reason you wouldn't be concerned if 26% of whites disagreed with the statement of "It's ok to be black". Or 26% of any group were to disagree with "It's not ok to be Jewish"

The 26% is low enough that they can be regarded as hardened in their view. Nothing is likely change that view. As it stands there are 74% who think the opposite, that is enough of a "safe buffer".
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Rather like Dilbert, so don't think it should be cancelled.

What Scott Adams said, targetting all blacks, was over the top, hardly the same as objecting to the biased views of some black organisations. However, when people get angry, they do sometimes say things that are more extreme than what they generally think. Don't think anyone should be cancelled forever for a single comment.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Rather like Dilbert, so don't think it should be cancelled.

What Scott Adams said, targetting all blacks, was over the top, hardly the same as objecting to the biased views of some black organisations. However, when people get angry, they do sometimes say things that are more extreme than what they generally think. Don't think anyone should be cancelled forever for a single comment.
                      I don't think he was angry at least as far as I can tell from his tweets, he just seems to have a history of stoking up the debate on race. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but he shouldnt be cancelled for it.

The survey seems a bit dodgy though, which may be a good thing if actual attiudes to white people are more favourable. Because that survey is pretty damning stuff if it was reflective of race attitudes.

Comment

Working...
                      X