• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our Father\Mother\Parent (delete as appropiate) who art in heaven?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Father\Mother\Parent (delete as appropiate) who art in heaven?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-services.html

Our non-gendered parent who art in heaven: Priests could stop using male pronouns 'He' and 'Him' when referring to God in prayers and drop phrase 'our Father' from the Lord's Prayer
    Oh Dear
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A lot of people who never attend church seem to be getting very upset about this.

Comment

In stead of getting furious about gender, the DM gammons should get angry about money, time and effort spent on a non existing skyfairy (M/F/X)

Comment

Clearly not going to happen, until such time where using any gender to refer to anyone is deemed wrong. God self identifies as male, so to refer to Him as They would be misgendering which is as serious an assault as GBH.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          In stead of getting furious about gender, the DM gammons should get angry about money, time and effort spent on a non existing skyfairy (M/F/X)
          Ever since the age of the hunter-gatherer, humans have had belief systems incorporating supernatural agents.

Modern religion a continuation of this. Competing organisations with differing brand values operate in a religious services market. The product seems to be of interest even to consumers not signed up with a particular supplier.

Most supplier’s principal products would appear to be around birth, marriage and death, while some cater for ongoing services (e.g. sin management). Speciality products are also available, such as those provided to the state for its production of kings and queens.

So, yes, there's a lot of money in this market !!

What I do find totally outdated is the link between the state and religion

Comment

Let's hope they don't start requiring us males to give birth soon. Would be bleedin' painful. As for god, probably all bollux anyway, so who cares?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Let's hope they don't start requiring us males to give birth soon. Would be bleedin' painful. As for god, probably all bollux anyway, so who cares?
              A very vocal minority who left unchallenged will get their way.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

They were talking about this on Womens Hour on Radio 4 this morning. Obviously most of the people interviewed want it changing immediately but to be fair a few people said the church is fooked. They can't win. They don't need to change the scriptures as it's already in there that God isn't gendered and it's just words rather than reference. Apparently god is mentioned with other gender types in some scriptures so it's in there. It's not given that god is male but there is plenty of male gender use to argue about. This one won't go away ever.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think in the interests of fairness, while God remains male, Satan should be redesignated female.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    They don't need to change the scriptures as it's already in there that God isn't gendered and it's just words rather than reference.
                    Nah. I've read some of these arguments and they are simply trying to fit it into an agenda. It's all "well an obvious reading clearly shows X, but if you try really hard you can get to the point of a shaky argument built on a shaky argument built on a very specific interpretation of one word in one verse that supports what you want, as long as you don't read the rest of the book and stick your fingers in your ears. A bit like some people can find that the Bible says America is the chosen nation... no, it doesn't.

If you think the bible itself is flaky and self - contradictory as it stands traditionally, why would you agree an even more flaky interpretation - which is torturous to the casual observer - is worth listening to? That's just bunk upon bunk. Far easier to say the bible says what it says, and say "it's bunk" in the first place.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X