• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our Father\Mother\Parent (delete as appropiate) who art in heaven?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nah. I've read some of these arguments and they are simply trying to fit it into an agenda. It's all "well an obvious reading clearly shows X, but if you try really hard you can get to the point of a shaky argument built on a shaky argument built on a very specific interpretation of one word in one verse that supports what you want, as long as you don't read the rest of the book and stick your fingers in your ears. A bit like some people can find that the Bible says America is the chosen nation... no, it doesn't.

If you think the bible itself is flaky and self - contradictory as it stands traditionally, why would you agree an even more flaky interpretation - which is torturous to the casual observer - is worth listening to? That's just bunk upon bunk. Far easier to say the bible says what it says, and say "it's bunk" in the first place.
    Indeed. When the immaculate conception is a fundamental part of the bible you've got to think there is going to be a lot more up for debate, and no one is going to win.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I think in the interests of fairness, while God remains male, Satan should be redesignated female.
      Jesus Trans?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Jesus Trans?
        Well he/she/they did have long girly hair (apparently).
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Jesus Trans?
          Something like this perhaps. https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/...e-judas-375546
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Jesus Trans?
            Baptistry of Neon - Apostles mosaic - Baptistery of Neon - Wikipedia
            Arian Baptistry ceiling mosaic - Ravenna - Arian Baptistery - Wikipedia

Well these very early depictions of Christ show a androgynous figure that could well be trans.

But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              The real question is was the production any good?

It's a piece of theatre like pantos, and pantos gender bend.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Baptistry of Neon - Apostles mosaic - Baptistery of Neon - Wikipedia
                Arian Baptistry ceiling mosaic - Ravenna - Arian Baptistery - Wikipedia

Well these very early depictions of Christ show a androgynous figure that could well be trans.
                Still white though surely he would be light brown (olive) being Jewish brought up in the area?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The real question is was the production any good?

It's a piece of theatre like pantos, and pantos gender bend.
                  Totally agree if the production is still great with the cast trying to make a point. I enjoyed some of the songs in six but there is plenty of artistic license going on.

to be fair Jesus Christ Superstar has been bleeding edge for years. Jason Donovan had the lead he is hardly rufti tufti.

Comment

Look at Leonardo's painting and John looks very trans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Supper_(Leonardo)

PS And only Judas looks dark skinned. Racist!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was having a discussion with a friend who is of recent African extraction, religion was mentioned and he described Christianity as "the white mans god" and I went "what?" it was across Africa 450 years before Europe

Comment

Working...
                      X