• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Couldn’t happen to a nicer couple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so very disappointed in the both of them and that's putting it mildly. She did so much to get to where she was and was inspirational to a lot of people and now they are nothing more than a pair of greedy thieves. I don't normally wish ill on people but I really hope they both get everything they deserve and more from this. Absolute disgrace.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'm so very disappointed in the both of them and that's putting it mildly. She did so much to get to where she was and was inspirational to a lot of people and now they are nothing more than a pair of greedy thieves. I don't normally wish ill on people but I really hope they both get everything they deserve and more from this. Absolute disgrace.
      good point she was an inspiration to young women.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Bizarre thing is Mone's a successful business woman in her own right so why the need to grift for more?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

Bizarre thing is Mone's a successful business woman in her own right so why the need to grift for more?
          Because for some people too much is never enough - it's a pathology. Now it throws into doubt how she made her earlier fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

Perhaps being with Barrowman rubbed off? He made his fortune from grifting, peddling dodgy IoM scams.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Well she from the analysis of today's PMQs she is being left in it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Because for some people too much is never enough - it's a pathology. Now it throws into doubt how she made her earlier fortune.
                Unfortuantely this. Just got corrupted by the power she/they have garnered over time. Problem is being driven to succeed is a good thing up to a point but when you've succeed where do you stop. Looks like these two just didn't know when to stop. These types of people aren't known to just kick back when they've reached a certain point and whole new avenues opened to her when she joined the Lords and she's just seen it as a new challenge to rinse.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Perhaps being with Barrowman rubbed off? He made his fortune from grifting, peddling dodgy IoM scams.
                I can't help think this has a lot to do with it. No excuse for either of them but she seemed a decent human being up to the point she met him. No doubting he's got his hands in a lot of the wrong cookie jars and she's followed. But who knows.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

KUATB! This from October 2020.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've just been reminded about their super yacht.

Hope she doesn't do a Maxwell....

https://origin-corporate.channel4.com/node/7181446

Scottish multi-millionaire Doug Barrowman spent over £50 million on a 55-metre second-hand yacht and completely redesigned it to his own personal taste. But he wants bigger now, and is willing to spend over £60 million to build it.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 7 December 2022, 23:06.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Well fortunately it didn’t quietly go away.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X