• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pronouns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pronouns

Had an email from someone today signed:

Practice Manager
    Pronouns: he/him

I've not been in a workplace in over a decade. Is this **** quite common these days?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Common for anyone trans/etc in society generally, not just the workspace.

Maybe it's someone who was formerly a lady? Stipulating your pronoun when it's the one you were born into is surely unusual even in the current clime?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's also a setting now on LinkedIn.

Sadly I find mostly that people adding the pronouns thing are those who are very obviously a particular gender, most likely born to it, and are either (a) virtue-signalling or (b) showing solidarity with the trans / non-binary community.

How you decide whether someone is (a) or (b) is not easy. A very good friend of mine does it so I know they're a (b).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It's also a setting now on LinkedIn.

Sadly I find mostly that people adding the pronouns thing are those who are very obviously a particular gender, most likely born to it, and are either (a) virtue-signalling or (b) showing solidarity with the trans / non-binary community.

How you decide whether someone is (a) or (b) is not easy. A very good friend of mine does it so I know they're a (b).
        What about c) trolling... people setting their pronoun as "teapot" or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What about c) trolling... people setting their pronoun as "teapot" or whatever?
          GPWM

I'm a teapot, short and stout!

Comment

Is it safe to write letters "Dear Sir/Madam", or does that get you in the Wail for being Woke?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yes just starting to see this with a line saying 'my pronouns are' or simply the required pronouns in brackets after the name. Utter bollocks in my view as whatever you are you are and it tends to be obvious

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Is it safe to write letters "Dear Sir/Madam", or does that get you in the Wail for being Woke?
                A slightly inneresting question what the modern version is. Google didn't offer many good answers.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Had an email from someone today signed:

Practice Manager
                  Pronouns: he/him

I've not been in a workplace in over a decade. Is this **** quite common these days?
                  That implies you can mix your pronouns
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

A slightly inneresting question what the modern version is. Google didn't offer many good answers.
                    Dear human.

Comment

Working...
                    X