• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pronouns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It sounds (maybe) like "wokeness" but I think there are legit studies behind it that showing people the same CV with "Martin" replaced with "Sanjit" or "Shiela" got different results. Gender and Race aside, all my teacher friends like to joke about how "Connors are always naughty" so I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of unconscious bias happens too. Would Wayne get as good a chance as John?
    Totally get that for CVs, to remove unconscious bias ... but pronouns on emails within the workplace just seems woke even to me.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

people who want to mate with you normally
      Not something you need to worry about then Vetty

Edited for typo to keep Vetty happy.
      Last edited by Whorty; 13 August 2022, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Warty - pronouns Dumb & Dumber View Post

Bot something you need to worry about then Vetty
        I see your are obsessed with my rear end again, I tell you the hairdresser car doesn't get me going no matter how much you rented it for!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I see your are obsessed with my rear end again, I tell you the hairdresser car doesn't get me going no matter how much you rented it for!
          Love the name calling ... is that all you have for 'humour'? It's a bit childish and one dimensional. Not too smart are you fella?

Comment

Originally posted by Warty I love big butts and I cannot lie View Post

Love the name calling ... is that all you have for 'humour'? It's a bit childish and one dimensional. Not too smart are you fella?
            I'm not the one obsessed with my derrière.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Dear Earthling.
              Planetist bastard......
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I'm not the one obsessed with my derrière.
                Sorry fella, but I'm not a chubby chaser ..... I only hook up with slim, athletic types. Girls who look after themselves and take some care over their appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

It's standard at Deloitte. Don't ask me how I know that though...
                  Hopefully every time you communicate with them you change your pronouns.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I'm finding everyone in HR use these now ... and the exec level. Definitely a woke thing. If someone can't work out I'm an alpha male 'he' by looking at me, then they have problems that me adding it to my email sig is never going to help them with.
                    The trouble is some men identify as women without even attempting to look the part. Not that I've ever seen a fella who can pass as a woman mind you. I suppose you could be fooled, like Begbie in Trainspotting, if the beer goggles are thick enough.
                    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 14 August 2022, 07:35.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Didn't see if this was linked elsewhere but there is Yougov poll on gender pronouns on emails/badges

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...their-pronouns

Interesting that only 10% of us think it's a good idea with nearly half saying you can if you want. I've seen it around and in 100% of times so far I could quite easily identify the prounouns of the person wearing it on their badge. This is only going to help, what, less that 3% or something is it?

I think having the option to put them on if you want is a great happy medium and will help with inclusivity and avoid mis-gendering but for your entire workforce to have them on their badges/emails when there is possibly no one in the org that will be any different than the ones they were born with a bit woke.

But if it's a start and if we can find a balance in the future then no harm done I guess.... as long as the option not to put them on is available.

Next problem is to try use them correctly in a conversation which I am worried I'll not be able to do. But that's another topic.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X