• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pronouns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Don't get me started with the modern fashion to refer to someone as a "human" rather than a "person"... e.g. "they're a wonderful human".

Or "best version of yourself"... sheesh. It's a person not a git repository.
    Dear Earthling.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It sounds (maybe) like "wokeness" but I think there are legit studies behind it that showing people the same CV with "Martin" replaced with "Sanjit" or "Shiela" got different results. Gender and Race aside, all my teacher friends like to joke about how "Connors are always naughty" so I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of unconscious bias happens too. Would Wayne get as good a chance as John?
      Yeah I know.

I've had to look at those studies before.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Not a problem just sign yourself Mr, Mrs or Miss or if you're a Dr or some such then just use that
        Only if you want to though.

Who cares what sex or gender you are?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Only if you want to though.

Who cares what sex or gender you are?
          people who want to mate with you normally
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dear contract community (note gender neutral)

I’ve been thinking about my CV and I wonder if I should now add my pronouns at the top just after my name.
            Can anybody recommend the correct protocol so I shed the right sort of light for the modern HR managers?

Warmest regards,
            CS
            (dairy/not vegan)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Maybe society should learn not to stereotype people. Doesn't both me if Robin, Chris, Sam or Zion are male or female.
              The stupid thing about all this gender identity stuff is that it is all about stereotypical behaviour. My daughter was on a workshop with one delegate a transwoman - who was entirely dismissive of my daughter for not being interested in make-up, boy bands and clothes.

In our theatre group there was a young lady who angsting about her gender identity. The general consensus was "stop worrying about it, and just be you however you want to be. You don't need a label. We like you as you.".
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Had an email from someone today signed:

Practice Manager
                Pronouns: he/him

I've not been in a workplace in over a decade. Is this **** quite common these days?
                It's standard at Deloitte. Don't ask me how I know that though...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Trouble is the "correct" expressions keep changing. Cavemen didn't have these problems, just say ug in reference to anything.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Trouble is the "correct" expressions keep changing. Cavemen didn't have these problems, just say ug in reference to anything.
                    Just use they/them for everyone.

​​​​​

Comment

I'm finding everyone in HR use these now ... and the exec level. Definitely a woke thing. If someone can't work out I'm an alpha male 'he' by looking at me, then they have problems that me adding it to my email sig is never going to help them with.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X