• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rishi...

"Tax cuts must wait, says Rishi Sunak, the ‘serious’ Tory leadership candidate"

Former chancellor launches campaign with pledge that fiscal responsibility is his priority

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ry-leadership/

Well go **** yourself then!

Do the Tories really want to give Labour a gift?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On the other hand, we could end up with a lot worse.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Need a more genuine low tax, low spend sort of government. On the other hand, as I've said before, a merit of any leader is being able to call him by a rude name. Squishy Poosack is good.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mind you he does already have his own song -

Are you ready, are you ready for Rishi? Yes I am, are you
          Are you ready, are you ready for Rishi?
          Yes I am, are you
          Are you ready, are you ready for Rishi?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The man is still deep in the Treasury's pocket. Why else has all the damage to contracting been allowed? why else does he apparently support a high-taxation regime? To my mind that disbars most of the ex-Cabinet hopefuls, who all seem to be running the Civil Service's line (even Truss...) with the possible exception of Wallace who is ploughing his own furrow in Defence

Andrew Neil got it right (as usual) - whoever comes in as PM needs to be the antithesis of Bojo, with a clear agenda and an effective and professional team behind him in No 10 to keep him/her on the straight and narrow.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Agree. Malvolio and d0000000000gh most sensible CUKers in my view.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wallace has opted out. Bugger....
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Wallace has opted out. Bugger....
                  Big endorsement, though.

Hopefully not for Rishi.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Do the Tories really want to give Labour a gift?
                    Tories will be out next election anyway.
                    Cost of living, energy bills and petrol prices, followed by high interests, the country will be in a recession next year

Comment

Working...
                    X