• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Tories will be out next election anyway.
    Cost of living, energy bills and petrol prices, followed by high interests, the country will be in a recession next year
    They have two years to address all of those problems (less three months wasted on the change of leadership process...).

Then again, Labour have the same two years to come up with both a manifesto that makes sense and a leader who is not a cardboard cut-out of Max Headroom.

And while I fear a lot of votes will go to Labour and Lib Dumbs by people who only work on personalities and the "that bloke off the telly" effect, it's still all to play for.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      cardboard cut-out of Max Headroom.
      That's very insulting...

...to the hugely entertaining Max Headroom.

Chief Executive, FCSA
      - Former CEO OF IPSE
      - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
      - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Grant Shapps (or is it Micheal Green) is standing.

The hopeless need to stand down so a boring yet competent person is chosen so we can all just concentrate on policies rather than personalities.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wallace has opted out. Bugger....
          Probably a good thing, he was a bit fat and and had a potato head. And it didn't look like he had the carisma to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Probably a good thing, he was a bit fat and and had a potato head. And it didn't look like he had the carisma to make up for it.
            We don't need charisma we need competence.

He seems competent and plain enough speaking.

Comment

Enjoy Henley Festival 8 July 2022

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                We don't need charisma we need competence.
                But voters want either a leader who looks the part of being a prime minister, or has carisma
                If the candidate has neither they are not going to win against someone who has one or both if it looks like being a close race in the polls.

Ian Duncan Smith, Ed Milliband, Corbyn, William Hague. Probably the worst ever was Michael foot. All too nerdy.

Keir might not have much carisma but at least he looks the part.
                So has a good chance of beating a Tory candidate who has neither.

Comment

But voters want either a leader who looks the part of being a prime minister, or has carisma
                  Too true unfortunately. Like SE, I'd much rather have a boring but competent PM who thinks things out before acting and is guided by realities, not daft ideals. I rather liked Ian Duncan Smith and William Hague, sensible blokes.

PS And someone who can spell charisma.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 10 July 2022, 08:32.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They have two years to address all of those problems (less three months wasted on the change of leadership process...).

Then again, Labour have the same two years to come up with both a manifesto that makes sense and a leader who is not a cardboard cut-out of Max Headroom.

And while I fear a lot of votes will go to Labour and Lib Dumbs by people who only work on personalities and the "that bloke off the telly" effect, it's still all to play for.
                    With the Krankie banging the drum again the same fears of 2015 (a Lab/SNP coalition) will rear its head. Labour can only realistically get in through a coalition. I don't think the Libs will get back to 40+ seats for them to be viable either. Also Labour have the 'what to do about Angela' problem, she's not very popular outside the hard core Labour vote.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

You can have all the think tanks on why people vote, deep studies on fiscal policy and yet there are so many people who simply vote like this.

"I liked his hair."
                      "She wore some nice shoes."

Probably the same as people who bet on horses just because they like the colour of the owner's silks or the horse's name.

God help if you get filmed eating a burger a bit messy.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X