• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rishi...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rishi..."

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Rishi Sunak says he is underdog in PM race as ‘forces that be’ want Truss

Former chancellor suggests Tory party powers hope leadership contest will be ‘a coronation’ for his rival"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-becomes-pm

Perhaps he should stop promising to fix things he was responsible for in the first place...

But I think the trad Tory electorate will go for Truss in the hope of getting another Maggie. They won't, but hey

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "Rishi Sunak says he is underdog in PM race as ‘forces that be’ want Truss

Former chancellor suggests Tory party powers hope leadership contest will be ‘a coronation’ for his rival"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-becomes-pm

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

His wife is voluntarily paying UK taxes even though she doesn't have to, since a few months ago. Are you deliberately spreading misinformation now?
    Within the party Rishi is considered pretty honest and above-board, perhaps even boringly so. He got fined by the police for attending a party and doesn't even drink which is kind of funny.
    Nonsense, he ran a hedge fund from the Cayman Islands while a US resident, so he clearly avoided tax aggressively, if not illegally and if not in the UK (TBD, I am sure many journalists are now looking very closely). That matters far more than any of his wife's shenanigans.

Moreover, he is not trusted by Tory party members. See the latest YouGov poll, which explicitly asked this question - it was something like 48% trust for Sunak vs. 65% for Truss.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

The largest proportion of benefits actually goes to those who're past retirement age, and the many of the remainder of people on benefits are actually in work, it's just Britain is a low wage economy.

The Tories already tried cutting the benefits of everyone else as 'austerity' and it's a complete failure from an economic point of view as GDP growth in Britain was anaemic with one of the worst in the world

Far better to increase benefits (or wages) of the least well off as they'll spend the money and it boosts their local economies generating more employment, better living standards etc
    Don't be silly as it would close down food banks.

Remember using food banks is a choice!

Leave a comment:

• Andy2022
    replied
    Originally posted by bballer3221 View Post
    By far the biggest problem is too many social benefits and handouts given... Just cut the welfare payments to the bone and remove income taxes. Let people work for a living.
    The largest proportion of benefits actually goes to those who're past retirement age, and the many of the remainder of people on benefits are actually in work, it's just Britain is a low wage economy.

The Tories already tried cutting the benefits of everyone else as 'austerity' and it's a complete failure from an economic point of view as GDP growth in Britain was anaemic with one of the worst in the world

Far better to increase benefits (or wages) of the least well off as they'll spend the money and it boosts their local economies generating more employment, better living standards etc

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So Rishi is DOOMED then - his "I'll tax you but my wife won't be paying them taxes" stance is surely a loser even if all other things were equal
    His wife is voluntarily paying UK taxes even though she doesn't have to, since a few months ago. Are you deliberately spreading misinformation now?
    Within the party Rishi is considered pretty honest and above-board, perhaps even boringly so. He got fined by the police for attending a party and doesn't even drink which is kind of funny.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So Rishi is DOOMED then - his "I'll tax you but my wife won't be paying them taxes" stance is surely a loser even if all other things were equal

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    By far the biggest problem is too many social benefits and handouts given... Just cut the welfare payments to the bone and remove income taxes. Let people work for a living.
    Yep you are right.

Let us stop paying pensions and associated benefits e.g pension credit, freedom pass for pensioners. That will save a lot of money including NHS capacity as a lot more of them will just die.

Or what do you think are included in social benefits and handouts?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    How many of them are you going to employ? Perhaps Waynetta Slob as your cleaner?

Leave a comment:

• bballer3221
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "Tax cuts must wait, says Rishi Sunak, the ‘serious’ Tory leadership candidate"

Former chancellor launches campaign with pledge that fiscal responsibility is his priority

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ry-leadership/

Well go **** yourself then!
    With bells on

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I thought it was his spitting image puppet. Both he and Charles have ears that stick out.
    I think Pritti patel got a nastier puppet than him. His isnt so disturbing.
    Totally forgot SI had been rebooted. That makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But if he wasn't voting for Rish! why would Boris care?
    Oh, I don’t think it had much to do with that, it was just a perfect opportunity to kick him.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That is a disturbing picture. It looks like Rishi and Prince Charles somehow got morphed together. Cruddas sounds a fairly unpleasant bloke.
    I thought it was his spitting image puppet. Both he and Charles have ears that stick out.
    I think Pritti Patel got a nastier puppet than him. His isnt so disturbing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	priti_spitting.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	4226705
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 19 July 2022, 17:10.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Tory donor Lord Cruddas has threatened to cut off the party's funding in protest at Rishi Sunak's betrayal of Boris Johnson.

Lord Cruddas has shared a series of posts on social media describing Mr Sunak as a 'rat', 'a treacherous snake', a 'little weasel', a 'backstabber' and 'Fishy Rishi'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	60379251-11023069-image-a-47_1658099915035.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	4226457
    If it has these people throwing their toys out of their prams, perhaps it's a good thing. That is a disturbing picture. It looks like Rishi and Prince Charles somehow got morphed together. Cruddas sounds a fairly unpleasant bloke.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X