• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I thought it was his spitting image puppet. Both he and Charles have ears that stick out.
    I think Pritti patel got a nastier puppet than him. His isnt so disturbing.
    Totally forgot SI had been rebooted. That makes more sense.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "Tax cuts must wait, says Rishi Sunak, the ‘serious’ Tory leadership candidate"

Former chancellor launches campaign with pledge that fiscal responsibility is his priority

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ry-leadership/

Well go **** yourself then!
      With bells on

Comment

By far the biggest problem is too many social benefits and handouts given... Just cut the welfare payments to the bone and remove income taxes. Let people work for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by bballer3221 View Post
          By far the biggest problem is too many social benefits and handouts given... Just cut the welfare payments to the bone and remove income taxes. Let people work for a living.
          How many of them are you going to employ? Perhaps Waynetta Slob as your cleaner?

Comment

Yep you are right.

Let us stop paying pensions and associated benefits e.g pension credit, freedom pass for pensioners. That will save a lot of money including NHS capacity as a lot more of them will just die.

Or what do you think are included in social benefits and handouts?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So Rishi is DOOMED then - his "I'll tax you but my wife won't be paying them taxes" stance is surely a loser even if all other things were equal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So Rishi is DOOMED then - his "I'll tax you but my wife won't be paying them taxes" stance is surely a loser even if all other things were equal
                His wife is voluntarily paying UK taxes even though she doesn't have to, since a few months ago. Are you deliberately spreading misinformation now?
                Within the party Rishi is considered pretty honest and above-board, perhaps even boringly so. He got fined by the police for attending a party and doesn't even drink which is kind of funny.

Comment

The largest proportion of benefits actually goes to those who're past retirement age, and the many of the remainder of people on benefits are actually in work, it's just Britain is a low wage economy.

The Tories already tried cutting the benefits of everyone else as 'austerity' and it's a complete failure from an economic point of view as GDP growth in Britain was anaemic with one of the worst in the world

Far better to increase benefits (or wages) of the least well off as they'll spend the money and it boosts their local economies generating more employment, better living standards etc

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

The largest proportion of benefits actually goes to those who're past retirement age, and the many of the remainder of people on benefits are actually in work, it's just Britain is a low wage economy.

The Tories already tried cutting the benefits of everyone else as 'austerity' and it's a complete failure from an economic point of view as GDP growth in Britain was anaemic with one of the worst in the world

Far better to increase benefits (or wages) of the least well off as they'll spend the money and it boosts their local economies generating more employment, better living standards etc
                    Don't be silly as it would close down food banks.

Remember using food banks is a choice!
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

His wife is voluntarily paying UK taxes even though she doesn't have to, since a few months ago. Are you deliberately spreading misinformation now?
                      Within the party Rishi is considered pretty honest and above-board, perhaps even boringly so. He got fined by the police for attending a party and doesn't even drink which is kind of funny.
                      Nonsense, he ran a hedge fund from the Cayman Islands while a US resident, so he clearly avoided tax aggressively, if not illegally and if not in the UK (TBD, I am sure many journalists are now looking very closely). That matters far more than any of his wife's shenanigans.

Moreover, he is not trusted by Tory party members. See the latest YouGov poll, which explicitly asked this question - it was something like 48% trust for Sunak vs. 65% for Truss.

Comment

Working...
                      X