• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new prime minister is.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baddish View Post

Yes I agree with this and the establishments are turning a blind eye to the villuny of another incumbent of 10 Downing Street who has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.
    Citation needed.....

Reallenjoying the Guardian-inspired hysteria. As I've said before Bojo is not corrupt but brings a work ethic at total odds with the role of Prime Minister.

Of course, if Blair and subsequent governments hadn't politicised the Civil Service, there would have effective controls in place that would have prevented much of this crisis.

But we are where we are. Most of our politicians are under educated pygmies who know nothing outside their little bubble. Not surprising it's all going to ratchet.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It would've been something or someone else. It's no coincidence that they didn't learn from Owen Paterson or Neil Parish. If not Chris Pincher, someone else, eventually. Or the Commons Privileges Committee. Or...

Boris wasn't capable of not lying or subverting or corrupting.
      It's Boris's lying that got him done. He kept sending ministers out to do the morning media rounds and during their interviews he would be saying something different. He forgot he is the first amongst equals and not a president.

Thing is all politicians lie, subvert and are corrupt. The trick is that you need to sometimes tell the truth and you never screw your colleagues when they are going in front of the media.
      ​​​​​
      You also should not continually harass the media after they gave one of your ministers a hard interview or published a leaked report. Blair - who was a liar and clearly corrupt- knew how to be media friendly, and not upsetting the media means they keep the public on your side.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes I agree with this and the establishments are turning a blind eye to the villuny of another incumbent of 10 Downing Street who has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.
        What deaths are you talking about?

The PM is the first amongst equals so you need to blame all government ministers as they are involved in making government policy. You also need to blame all MPs who voted for the policies of that government.

Oh and not all parts of the 4th estate turn a blind eye.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

... As I've said before Bojo is not corrupt...
          Citation needed.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What deaths are you talking about?

The PM is the first amongst equals so you need to blame all government ministers as they are involved in making government policy. You also need to blame all MPs who voted for the policies of that government.

Oh and not all parts of the 4th estate turn a blind eye.
            Not if they voted on something that is a pack of lies though isn't it?

Comment

Not if they voted on something that is a pack of lies though isn't it?
              SE is pointing out to you that Boris doesn't make up the pack of lies. The ministers will and present to him as the senior figure and he fronts it. It's the same in business, top brass have to step down due to failings but those failings are presented or handled way below their station. They have the responsibility but aren't the ones that make and carry out the policies.

And do I find the line that everything he is a pack of lies a bit tedious. It's so sweeping it becomes a stupid argument. If you are so blinded to the point you believe everything he says is a pack of lies then you are unable to make a reasonable point or discussion.

Every PM ever has been accused of peddling lies as well so hardly new and just Boris. Not defending him per se, just pointing out the ridiculous point about pack of lies.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 8 July 2022, 09:08.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Citation needed.
                He is careless with his own money and can't see the problem with "friends" paying for stuff on his behalf. So arrogant (as ex-Eton, that's obvious) and naïve (by not thinking "friends" may have ulterior motives), but not corrupt.

And I'm with NLUK - simply claiming everything he does is a lie is merely a cop out to avoid arguing the point. He acheved several good things, mostly by force of personality, a point that is continually ignored in favour of the constant noise over trivia.

But rejoice, he is gone - and so have the planned tax cuts, ideas to address inflation and fuel costs, and several other medium term but obviously trivial objectives...
                Last edited by malvolio; 8 July 2022, 09:21.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

He is careless with his own money and can't see the problem with "friends" paying for stuff on his behalf. So arrogant (as ex-Eton, that's obvious) and naïve (by not thinking "friends" may have ulterior motives), but not corrupt.
                  He's not contrary to popular opinion in any way stupid though which would be the main defence "Oh I never realised". He is clever and quite adept at politics - you don't get to be PM without being pretty good at convincing/manipulating people.

To suggest Boris is naive when he not only got to be PM but managed to stay in power so long as everything was beginning to unravel is well... naive. Perhaps on the arrogance front we might simply think he thought he could get away with everything but to suggest he "didn't know" doesn't wash.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He has lied several times ( https://boris-johnson-lies.com ). He is corrupt, because he thought he could get away with it.
                    He refuses to accept responsibility for anything - all his mistakes, he blames others - whether it's the EU (for agreeing to the deal he agreed), or the media, or the herd mentality of the conservative MPs, etc.
                    "Friends" paying for stuff, etc are symptoms of his belief that he can get away with anything.

And I'm with NLUK - simply claiming everything he does is a lie is merely a cop out to avoid arguing the point.
                    I am not saying EVERYTHING he does is a lie, but you saying that I have said that is "merely a cop out to avoid arguing the point."

But rejoice, he is gone - and so have the planned tax cuts, ideas to address inflation and fuel costs, and several other medium term but obviously trivial objectives...
                    The planned tax cuts were on the back of the tax rises.
                    What about the 40 hospitals? Never going to happen.
                    Why are fuel costs rising in the UK, when oil is coming down in price per barrel (it's down 20% in the last month)? Is the answer to do with how weak the pound is? Why is the pound weak?

Trivial, I know, but it was on his watch, and he's convinced you that the solution is to follow his lead and blame others.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Indeed but nothing will change and everyone will still be unhappy about their taxes, pay, call whoever a liar and will be accused failing to handle the next UK wide or global catastrophe properly.

Got to say I do feel for the incumbent PM when something bad happens. Not one of them has come out of it unscathed. It's not like they have a training manual for dealing with invasions and global pandemics is it. They work their whole career to achieve top spot and then something comes along that is impossible to handle right and they are gone. But it's the way of the politics and I'm sure long may it continue.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X