• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new prime minister is.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Senior Tories claim Boris Johnson is clinging to power in part so that he and wife Carrie can host lavish bash at Chequers to mark their marriage, which took place in May 2021
    But what else?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      It's in the Mirror...
      Bloomberg apparently reported it first.

And the invitations have been sent out.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

But what else?
        They need to find somewhere to live.

Remember he's had 2 children in Downing Street and got a divorce, so needs different accommodation to what he started with.

He took 3 weeks to leave the Foreign Office as he had no accommodation.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They need to find somewhere to live.

Remember he's had 2 children in Downing Street and got a divorce, so needs different accommodation to what he started with.

He took 3 weeks to leave the Foreign Office as he had no accommodation.
          They've got the house that they can't rent out - would that not do?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grant Shapps is considering running. The Rail unions are up in arms about it, so that gains him a few points in my eyes but he's on about -500 points from his hopeless Covid performance.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bloomberg apparently reported it first.

And the invitations have been sent out.
              Fair enough. Quite an interesting situation really, in fact the whole scenario of gaining/losing office is one I find interesting. Many modern PMs can afford to keep a spare house but MPs can find themselves out of a job at an election and all that sort of thing.

Seems like the event is planned for later in July and we surely won't have a new PM installed by then. Just let him use it, nobody else needs the place.
              Last edited by d000hg; 7 July 2022, 16:53.

Comment

No 10 wallpaper, drink with staff, appointing a minor bloke groper. All unimportant bollux in my view, however, it is clear that with so many in government and the general public who do not agree there is no possible alternative but to get shot of him.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  No 10 wallpaper, drink with staff, appointing a minor bloke groper. All unimportant bollux in my view, however, it is clear that with so many in government and the general public who do not agree there is no possible alternative but to get shot of him.
                  It is bizarre that after everything, it's a bloke who gets a bit handsy when drunk who brought the whole house of cards tumbling. Straw that broke the camel's back, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It is bizarre that after everything, it's a bloke who gets a bit handsy when drunk who brought the whole house of cards tumbling. Straw that broke the camel's back, perhaps.
                    It would've been something or someone else. It's no coincidence that they didn't learn from Owen Paterson or Neil Parish. If not Chris Pincher, someone else, eventually. Or the Commons Privileges Committee. Or...

Boris wasn't capable of not lying or subverting or corrupting.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Yes I agree with this and the establishments are turning a blind eye to the villuny of another incumbent of 10 Downing Street who has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X