• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new prime minister is.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

hey you were the one who felt sending illegal immigrants to a land run by ex terrorists was unacceptable.
    Are you saying it is acceptable?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you saying it is acceptable?
      yes, you have an alternative?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

List of MPs backing various candidates in Mirror

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...rship-27449590

MPs backing Rehman Chishti:
        Rehman Chishti

He's got a bit of work to do!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yes, you have an alternative?
          OK, so you're saying it's acceptable to send them to the UK based on your argument about Northern Ireland.

Your logic is astounding.
          Have you ever kneeled before Boris?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This Kemi look interesting too - I don't know much about her but it looks like she has good conservative principles

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post
              This Kemi look interesting too - I don't know much about her but it looks like she has good conservative principles
              Principles mean little. It's having the balls to stand up to the Civil Service that's the important skill. And part of that is having reasonable ministerial experience at some level so you know how to counter their views on what's best for the country. She does have that to a degree, but there are far more qualified candidates.

Remember, you can promise anything you like if you aren't going to be in a position to do anything about it...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Presumably a lot of the less known candidates are really standing for the experience/exposure rather than expecting or wanting to win. The way things are now, you want someone who knows how it all works even if they are not the perfect fit ideologically. i.e. a heavyweight experienced cabinet minister.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Presumably a lot of the less known candidates are really standing for the experience/exposure rather than expecting or wanting to win. The way things are now, you want someone who knows how it all works even if they are not the perfect fit ideologically. i.e. a heavyweight experienced cabinet minister.
                  If you stand and have backers you are likely to be offered a cabinet position.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If you stand and have backers you are likely to be offered a cabinet position.
                    You don't think all the big-name resigners will be straight back in?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You don't think all the big-name resigners will be straight back in?
                      Some will, of course. Others won't. For example, I suspect Rishi, if he doesn't win, will be treated the same as Gove - basically seen as untrustworthy and unsupportive - and left on the back benches for a term or two.

But none of the current Cabinet would happily accept a lesser role in the Cabinet anyway, since they are far too important to do so - and therein lies the new PM's first problem...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X