• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He saw it on Russian news.

Just to be clear, if you put soldiers in a room with children it's still a room with children.
    This
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Only if you're an idiot ...
      Or take the Russian government's version of the story (same difference really)... this is their official story:
      Originally posted by BBC
      Lavrov dismisses 'pathetic outcry' over hospital bombing

Returning to the Russian foreign minister's press conference, Sergei Lavrov is asked how Russia can justify the bombing of a maternity ward and children's hospital.

Lavrov says it is "not the first time we see pathetic outcries concerning the so-called atrocities perpetrated by the Russian military".

He says the Russian delegation told the UN security council three days ago that the hospital had been "taken over" by Ukrainian radicals and "all the mothers and nurses were chased out of there".

He says public opinion is being manipulated worldwide.

Lavrov describes reports on western media channels as "very emotional" and says the other side of the situation is not being considered.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        .. would you also claim, if someone broke into your house and started ransack it, and you tried to stop them, that both you and the burglar are in the wrong? ..
        If the burglar had a gun, and you held your child in front of you and said "Don't shoot, I have a child!" then you would also be in the wrong wouldn't you?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

If the burglar had a gun, and you held your child in front of you and said "Don't shoot, I have a child!" then you would also be in the wrong wouldn't you?
          It's a children's hospital. Even if we believed the claim that they are using the hospital as a cover for military ops, and took your metaphor as totally accurate, are you saying that the burglar is then OK to shoot the child?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's a children's hospital. Even if we believed the claim that they are using the hospital as a cover for military ops, and took your metaphor as totally accurate, are you saying that the burglar is then OK to shoot the child?
            As I said, both sides are playing dirty.

It's amazing how gullible and naive people become once emotion takes over.

Does anyone really believe Zelensky & co won't try every trick in the book to garner sympathy and help, or is his elevation to sainthood already complete?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Need a visa?

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You're right.
                Ukraine played dirty by having a border with Russia and not just surrendering to Putin.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Indeed, Putin does have a special following of emotional fanboys; it's probably his shirtless horseback riding.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Need a visa?

Good news - From Tuesday 15 March (probably at 11:59pm) if you have a Ukrainian passport or id card you can apply online for a British visa.

Priti Awful
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 10 March 2022, 14:01.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Does anyone really believe Zelensky & co won't try every trick in the book to garner sympathy and help, or is his elevation to sainthood already complete?
                      I thought taking RT off air would restrict the amount of manure and whataboutery seen on this thread.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X