• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Indeed, Putin does have a special following of emotional fanboys; it's probably his shirtless horseback riding.
    Where do you get the idea I'm a Putin fan?

When emotion comes through the door, all logic flies out of the window!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I thought taking RT off air would restrict the amount of manure and whataboutery seen on this thread.
      GBeebies is still going strong, as is Fox. Their presenters are still producing the output. As are all the little groups on Telegram, etc.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

When emotion comes through the door, all logic flies out of the window!
        Logic: surrender to the mightier country
        Emotion: I don't want to.

As for the idea that you are what you are, we can only base that on what you post.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

GBeebies is still going strong, as is Fox. Their presenters are still producing the output. As are all the little groups on Telegram, etc.
          Just found out the Russian Embassy in the UK are doing a job on tweeting manure. Now I know what certain posters are reading.

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
          Last edited by SueEllen; 10 March 2022, 14:13.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If the burglar had a gun, and you held your child in front of you and said "Don't shoot, I have a child!" then you would also be in the wrong wouldn't you?
            Nice whataboutery.

So with no evidence that is what the Ukranians are doing, you are believing everything you hear from the Russian controlled media? You have issues fella.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

As I said, both sides are playing dirty.

It's amazing how gullible and naive people become once emotion takes over.

Does anyone really believe Zelensky & co won't try every trick in the book to garner sympathy and help, or is his elevation to sainthood already complete?
              You can keep saying it, it doesn't make it true. When you are being invaded by a nation who is deliberately bombing civilians, what exactly has Zelensky done that's dirty?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You can keep saying it, it doesn't make it true. When you are being invaded by a nation who is deliberately bombing civilians, what exactly has Zelensky done that's dirty?
                This is what idiots like Owlhoots can't seem to grasp ... they can't understand that Ukraine is an independent country, and they have every right to defend themselves. And the only country at fault here is Russia (and Belarus I guess). Somehow they get the narrative in their head that because Ukraine is full of foreigners, that they have no right to defend themselves.

Very strange mindset.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you bomb a residential area you are going to hit schools and hospitals and churches and so on - are they doing so disproportionately?
                  Of course bombing residential areas is in itself counter to all civilised "rules of war" but to deliberately target a hospital is a special kind of awful.
                  Maybe read this article from a few years ago about Syria
                  https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...berate-attacks

Comment

Perhaps it's all the "two sides to every story" false equivalence bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Maybe read this article from a few years ago about Syria
                      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...berate-attacks
                      Yep, history repeating itself

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/w...ar-russia.html

https://www.sciencespo.fr/mass-viole...-chechnya.html
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 10 March 2022, 14:43.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X