• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Chelsea owner is being sanctioned!

So the sale of Chelsea is being prevented though Chelsea can continue to play and do other football related activities.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ioned-26431825

The British government has officially added Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to list of sanctioned individuals.

Abramovich has seen his assets frozen, but Chelsea have been given a sporting licence to continue trading as a football club.

However, the measures mean he will no longer be allowed to sell Chelsea Football Club.

And the club are also set to be impacted in numerous ways, including being unable to sell tickets with only season ticket holders able to attend games.
    Well the club shouldn't be prevented from playing, it seems a bit odd he can't sell the club because then it is forced to remain under Russian ownership. He'd previously said he was going to give away the proceeds and not reclaim all the money he'd lent the club. Maybe they'll just sell it from under him?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They will still say it is fake news like the bombing of a hospital's children and maternity wards.
      I was wondering, to what extent is this deliberate, rather than negligent? We know Russia is using imprecise missile strikes because they don't care about hitting civilians, but is there an indication they are explicitly targeting such sites rather than tossing bombs everywhere. As in murder vs manslaughter sort of distinction? I could believe either based on how they've worked in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I was wondering, to what extent is this deliberate, rather than negligent? We know Russia is using imprecise missile strikes because they don't care about hitting civilians, but is there an indication they are explicitly targeting such sites rather than tossing bombs everywhere. As in murder vs manslaughter sort of distinction? I could believe either based on how they've worked in the past.
        It was predicted that once the invasion went wrong, Russia would target civilians
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not sure what's the point banning Chelsea from selling normal tickets, very short list of people sanctioned, how much money got arrested anyway, other than money losing vanity football club?

Boris needs to very quickly ship those anti-aircraft guns and in high quantities - not a token dozen or two.

Comment

You've the rest of CUK to whinge about UK politicians. Off you trot.
            Typical self-righteous pseudo Christian with a personality disorder. Calling a woman a horse or other animal, in a typically poor effort to exert power over her because you've got nothing else in your armoury. You're empty.

You really are a horrible piece of work. Just as well you appear to be a failed contractor and a poor parent, judging by the fact you spend far more time on this forum than even Northern Lad.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Not sure what's the point banning Chelsea from selling normal tickets, very short list of people sanctioned, how much money got arrested anyway, other than money losing vanity football club?

Boris needs to very quickly ship those anti-aircraft guns and in high quantities - not a token dozen or two.
              Agreed, the point and fire rockets like Javelin are very accurate and effective and can be used by anyone. These will will win the war if enough are supplied. They cost $175k each.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                IF he has been sanctioned, he is not able to generate revenue. Season tickets have already been sold, gate tickets haven't. It's all perfectly logical. Sensible, however, is a different question...

I'm sure he'll find time to drive the lorry across Europe.... Or, silly idea, perhaps he can ask the army to do it, except they aren't allowed into Ukraine. It's possible there are several container loads in Poland or similar trying to get across the border to where they're needed. It's not like you can whistle up FedEx, is it.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

bollox
                  Triggered much? Off you trot too. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trot
                  (2): a jogging gait of a human that falls between a walk and a run
                  Feel free to attack me elsewhere in the forum, let's keep this thread on topic.

Comment

I see Russia is now explaining the US is developing bio-weapons. The proof of this is that they say they are not... seriously.

Comment

Just look at what the chances are that so many hospitals, schools etc are being bombed by accident, also taking in account exact the same thing happened in Syria and Chechnya. There is no other conclusion than it's deliberate.
                      Ukrainians are now contemplating not to provide coordinates of hospitals to the UN, where Russia also has access to them as Russia seems to attack them as soon as they get them.

Comment

Working...
                      X