• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Those photos which I posted a few days ago in this thread were available for many years
    The kissing the kids stomach incident is really old. I remember when it originally happened it was viral online in video form.

Just checked youtube, the video is on there from 16 years ago, and it might have happened well before that.

Last edited by Fraidycat; 5 March 2022, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The kissing the kids stomach incident is really old. I remember when it originally happened it was viral online in video form.

Just checked youtube, the video is on there from 16 years ago, and it might have happened well before that.

It's old, so Putin is not a pedo? Is that your conclusion?

Comment

How did Fox news they let this interview slip through.

This retired colonel was a top war planner with the US army.

And he drops lots of truth bombs in this interview like:

'The US did way more damage to Iraq than Russia has done to Ukraine'

Last edited by Fraidycat; 6 March 2022, 01:08.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Not a good look from Ukraine in this article. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...out-of-ukraine
          You missed sections of the UK and Irish media reporting this.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You missed sections of the UK and Irish media reporting this.
            Yes, I did. But I wasn't claiming they weren't. I just happened across it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Visa and Mastercard suspend operations in Russia. Ditto PayPal.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-i...ussia-12558938

Obvious conclusion drawn by Russians: they must all be part of the Nazi conspiracy.
              Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 6 March 2022, 07:25.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

...snip...

'The US did way more damage to Iraq than Russia has done to Ukraine'
                Since the Iraq war was equally illegal, and was also a case of a foreign nation trying to force regime change, the two are actually quite comparable...

Plus at least Putin has a follow-up plan to put in his own government; Bush and Blair forgot about that aspect and that's what did the real damage.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Since the Iraq war was equally illegal, and was also a case of a foreign nation trying to force regime change, the two are actually quite comparable...
                  I agree, when i saw all the outrage (from those who supported the Iraq war) about Putin's invasion, i thought 'wait a minute this is very similar to what Bush and Blair did in Iraq'.
                  But it has been almost 20 years since the Iraq invasion. March 2003 (was it really that long ago )

Seems like most have forgotten how brutally we bombed Iraq and all the lies and propaganda that was pumped out to justify that war.

Comment

I agree, when i saw all the outrage (from those who supported the Iraq war) about Putin's invasion, i thought 'wait a minute this is very similar to what Bush and Blair did in Iraq'.
                    But it has been almost 20 years since the Iraq invasion. March 2003 (was it really that long ago )

Seems like most have forgotten how brutally we bombed Iraq and all the lies and propaganda that was pumped out to justify that war.
                    Bit of a slippery slope though if you allow "well, it's only like what they did" as any form of justification.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Bit of a slippery slope though if you allow "well, it's only like what they did" as any form of justification.
                      Ukraine: Democratic free country, living at peace with its neighbours - even given up WMD for promises to respect its sovereignty.
                      Iraq: Brutal dictactorship under Saddam, already responsible for two wars (at least), and known for its use of chemical weaponry and designs on being a regional power.

Not exactly the same situation, I feel. Especially as the second was fully reported and questioned by MSM - whereas Russia is keeping the facts of its invasion from the Russian people, and jailing anyone who tries to talk about it.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X