• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the solution to this conflict. Let Russia join NATO, then Puking will feel safe from attack.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I have the solution to this conflict. Let Russia join NATO, then Puking will feel safe from attack.
      They were given that opportunity in the 1990's but refused
      Last edited by Eirikur; 8 March 2022, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

So how much loss of life would have been acceptable for you?
        Almost any number of lives would be acceptable given the alternative that is an increased risk of global nuclear war and the loss of billions of lives. Obviously the fewer deaths the better.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Almost any number of lives would be acceptable given the alternative that is an increased risk of global nuclear war and the loss of billions of lives. Obviously the fewer deaths the better.
          As long as they are not your family and friends or British lives of course

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

As long as they are not your family and friends or British lives of course
            He doesn't give a a tulip about British lives. Some of the people stuck in Ukraine are British or the very close family members e.g. wife of British citizens.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is absolutely true. It's amazing the number of people who forget about the threat of nuclear war looming in the background.

Their ignorance and stupidity, or (let's be charitable) complete lack of imagination, is staggering.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sure, if it was the UK that was the buffer country then my opinion would be different. I'm looking at the big picture - what will help to keep the peace globally.
                Not so much the big picture as the wrong end of the telescope.

A major power has invaded an independent nation state primarily in the cause of pursuing the fantasy of recreating the old Soviet Union. Leaving aside the awful way this has been done and the sheer incompetence of the Russian army, especially when facing a well trained and dedicated Ukrainian one, there is no possible justification for Russia's original purpose.

Luckily most of the world, barring China (for purely commercial reasons) and India (under the control of another marginal psychopath) , seems to agree with me rather than you.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Luckily most of the world, barring China (for purely commercial reasons) and India (under the control of another marginal psychopath) , seems to agree with me rather than you.
                  Well the western media would have you believe that. And they've been throwing everything plus the kitchen sink at their anti-Russia pro-Ukraine efforts that really amount to propaganda. And on the Russian side similar propaganda supporting the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

He doesn't give a a tulip about British lives. Some of the people stuck in Ukraine are British or the very close family members e.g. wife of British citizens.
                    I hope British citizens can get out of there as soon as possible, and reach safety.

Comment

Well the western media would have you believe that.
                      Not surprisingly as it is true.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X