• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    A Russian friend has contacted me with the latest rumours.
    1. The propaganda machine is talking about Ukraine having nuclear weapons, and there's a lot of talk about the effect of nuclear weapons. This could be seen to be preparing the Russian people for a "retaliatory" first strike. (And you though Blair was bad).
    2. Putin is very ill with cancer. He's a man in a hurry.
    I heard rumours that he had bowel cancer. However people can live a decade with bowel cancer, so exactly what stage is he at?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
      Russian terms for surrender

Ukraine must:
      • Cease military action
      • Change its constitution to enshrine neutrality
      • Acknowledge Crimea as Russian territory
      • Recognise the separatist republics of Donetsk and Lugansk as independent territories.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/russia-say...121826715.html

Guerilla warfare by your population isn't military action.

Comment

Currently listening to the Home Secretary lying to MPs including Tory MPs about refugees.

Apparently all the MPs who have constituents writing to them about having relations/children they are responsible for stuck in France are lying.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Ah, so "buffer countries" are perfectly at liberty to do what they want... as long as it doesn't cause a problem. In other words, they are still not at liberty.
          They are free to provoke Putin as much as they like. But as long as the west has not been complicit in encouraging them (which we have), then we would have been free to wash our hands of them. I.e. no sanctions, and no threats from Putin to lob nukes at us.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

They are free to provoke Putin as much as they like. But as long as the west has not been complicit in encouraging them (which we have), then we would have been free to wash our hands of them. I.e. no sanctions, and no threats from Putin to lob nukes at us.
            What you mean like Georgia?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...russia-ukraine

It isn't the West who has encouraged them but Putin's actions.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Buffer countries were perfectly at liberty to do what they want. NATO shouldn't have encouraged them in my opinion. Also, those Buffer countries will have some degree of geopolitical awareness; surely they must have had some inkling that Putin might not be happy with their westernisation.
              Your very use of the word "buffer" implies that you reject their statehood and desire for self-determination. Rather, we should consider them to be a No Man's Land or DMZ between Russia and the West. Let's be clear that there is a a cigarette paper between your view of these states and Putin's view; he has used exactly this imagery to justify his invasion, that Ukraine is not a proper state, rather a "buffer", and should remain a good little neutral buffer. Again, pathetic.

Comment

Great photos here:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-...WiHzw73JYzOi-A
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Fraidycat, please stop polluting threads with fake videos.

At least it's showing your true colours.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Fraidycat, please stop polluting threads with fake videos.

At least it's showing your true colours.
                    I moved to light relief right after i posted it, it was quite a funny parody video.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I moved to light relief right after i posted it, it was quite a funny parody video.
                      Except it's not a "parody video" it's a climate change protest video that has been altered to become "evidence" that Putin is the saviour of the world and Ukraine is full of liars.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X