• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our coder friends in Russia are going to be hungry... Upwork suspending operations in Russia. On the other hand, I saw companies like McD are continuing to pay salaries to their Russian employees even though they've closed all the restaurants.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But Liz Truss isn't a troll.
      You've the rest of CUK to whinge about UK politicians. Off you trot.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

UK immigration still tulip

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...k-regulations/

The owner of Bracknell Town FC tells LBC how, after being turned away by UK border forces in Calais, he put a Ukrainian boy he sponsored on a plane to Dublin.

Kayne Steinborn-Busse rang Shelagh Fogarty on Monday to reveal the extent of the chaos in Calais as Ukrainian migrants flee Putin's invasion. The chairman and owner of Bracknell Town FC spoke to LBC again on Tuesday to give the latest on Marco's plight.

Edited to say includes the Ukraine's ambassador wife.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 9 March 2022, 11:09.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Apparently the Russian Embassy staff need mental health help

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alth-line.html

Ukraine's ambassador to the UN advised Russia's London embassy staff to call the NHS mental health number, after they Tweeted the goal of their invasion was to stop war in Ukraine.

But Ukraine's ambassador to the UN, Sergiy Kyslytsya, was having none of it.

He held up the strange tweet in the UN assembly, which said the purpose of Russia's 'special military operation' in Ukraine was to 'stop any war' from breaking out.

'Let me remind the Russian diplomats that in London, in case of need for mental help, you can dial NHS line 111,' he said in front of the UN assembly, holding up a print out of the tweet. 'Thank you.'

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But Liz Truss isn't a troll.
            Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yet.
              I think they are suppose to be changing the online safety bill so she can't act (allegedly) like her "Honourable friend" Nadine Dorries.

Comment

Chelsea owner is being sanctioned!

So the sale of Chelsea is being prevented though Chelsea can continue to play and do other football related activities.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ioned-26431825

The British government has officially added Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to list of sanctioned individuals.

Abramovich has seen his assets frozen, but Chelsea have been given a sporting licence to continue trading as a football club.

However, the measures mean he will no longer be allowed to sell Chelsea Football Club.

And the club are also set to be impacted in numerous ways, including being unable to sell tickets with only season ticket holders able to attend games.

Comment

If anyone is still making excuses for Russia then watch this...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    If anyone is still making excuses for Russia then watch this...

They will still say it is fake news like the bombing of a hospital's children and maternity wards.

Comment

The sanctions list can be read here for yourself - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sanctions-list

(I forgot I did a role where I had to use the sanctions list.)

Comment

Working...
                      X