• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Wonder when forum mods will have to refer users to Prevent -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...n-b987424.html

London’s ability to provide safe sanctuary for refugees could be put at risk by right-wing extremism, an independent counter-terrorism review has warned.
    Security expert Lord Toby Harris says hotels used to house them may be attacked.

He adds refugees in some poorer boroughs were seen to be “jumping the queue” for services often in short supply, leading to anti-immigration “anger and division”.

Last July, mayor Sadiq Khan commissioned the review against a backdrop of Islamist, online and right-wing radicalisation plus state-sponsored terror.

Lord Harris reports more people were referred to Prevent, the government’s flagship anti-terror programme, in 2021 for far-right views than Islamist ones for the first time - 1,229 compared to 1,064.
    Nobody has the guts to say to you you're posts are utter crap as they make up about 40% of new content these days.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sadly lots of Polish lost their lives beacuse Polish Govt did not surrender, perhaps that would have saved millions in WW2.

Nice line of reasoning, not.

When this is over there will be no Russia as it is known now.

I am very glad that PoS like you, owl and a bunch of others here are in small minority in this country as finally most people seems to have realised what a monster Putin is and also Russia as a country that in vast majority still supports this war.

P.S. Pathetic pieces of tulip like you would have surrendered to Hitler.

10k bet that Putin is in charge in 12 months?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Nobody has the guts to say to you you're posts are utter crap as they make up about 40% of new content these days.
        Didn’t you flounce?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          BigDataPro has been banned for a week, because I think he/she is simply trolling. OwlHoot, I think, is just not very bright.
          I've always had a very high regard for OwlHoot, always given courtesy and considered posts to be intelligent and though through.

Why you have chosen to make that remark is, well...

Why the fook has Hunter Biden got labs in Ukraine?
          ​​​​​​​
          Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sadly lots of Polish lost their lives beacuse Polish Govt did not surrender, perhaps that would have saved millions in WW2.

Nice line of reasoning, not.

When this is over there will be no Russia as it is known now.

I am very glad that PoS like you, owl and a bunch of others here are in small minority in this country as finally most people seems to have realised what a monster Putin is and also Russia as a country that in vast majority still supports this war.

P.S. Pathetic pieces of tulip like you would have surrendered to Hitler.

The issue I have with this post that got BigDataPro banned is that it is complete tulipe.

"perhaps that would have saved millions in WW2."

...is the most fookin stupid comment I've heard about WW2.

Comment

UK offers £350 per month for households that take in Ukrainian refugees. Only the UK doesn't let any in. Another cheap Tory trick.
            BBC News - Ukraine war: UK households offered £350 a month for hosting refugees
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60724111

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Didn’t you flounce?
              I thought that as well.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I don't want to be on a forum with this, ******* deplorable.

I'm out, ban me permanently.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Quite good farticle in Guardian re Puking's claim's:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...for-putins-war

PS Wil post The Daily Mail equivalent ASAP.

PPS Hmm re comment on atw's post, Minny does not seem to understand sarcasm.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Quite good farticle in Guardian re Puking's claim's:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...for-putins-war ..
                  From the article:

“The Russian historical view is that every hundred years or so there’s an invasion from the west,” said Tomas Ries, associate professor at the Swedish national defence college.

“From a Russian military perspective, I can understand that they were worried when Nato was enlarged,” he said, adding nonetheless: “The problem with this argument is that no one in their wildest dreams can imagine the west attacking Russia.”
                  But then no one in their wildest dreams, besides a few crazed US neocons, would have imagined that Russia these days would attack the west.

The point being that things change over time, so arguably Russia's fear is well founded that Ukraine in NATO and/or the EU would increase the long term risks of their further eastward encroachments, which after all would be only a continuation of their policy until now.

Haven't read the article author's other points yet, so back to the article ..
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 March 2022, 15:13.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

But then no one in their wildest dreams, besides a few crazed US neocons, would have imagined in their wildest dreams that Russia these days would attack the west
                    Not sure I agree with that. Some sensible people could fear it. The obvious big difference in the "wildest dreams" thing is that Russia is a single autocratic state where the leader can do pretty much what he likes. It only needs one crazed leader like Putin to start an attack, while the West is a coalition of democratic states that could never agree on any major war unless they were attacked first in a major offensive.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      PPS Hmm re comment on atw's post, Minny does not seem to understand sarcasm.
                      I think his mental state declined significantly after Biden's win, he needs professional help or at the very least quit drinking tulip like Bell's in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X