• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked for 90p

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Committing a dishonesty offence when in a job where integrity is critical, and where courts may call upon that integrity seems pretty foolish. Zero sympathy from me - mornonic decision making, and clearly whatever his reasons he's unsuited to the role.

Found this quite intriguing:

The hearing heard that colleagues raised concerns that the officer had underpaid for the chocolate, and upon further investigation discovered that the cash float was up by only 10p.
    So I'm guessing probably already not hugely popular with his comrades.

The officer walked out of the police station after the allegation was formally put to him and “had an emotional collapse” which was followed by time off work, the hearing was told.
    And instantly pulls the "I need to go off with stress" card when called out.

Yeah, **** him.
    Last edited by vwdan; 15 October 2021, 13:50.

Comment

KUATB cancelled! It's in the DM today with an EXCLUSIVE flag on the link. So it must be a different PC with the same name who underpaid for cakes at the same place on the same date. Coincidence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ffa-Cakes.html
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Some posters don't like The Fail so I use Metro links. As they do news not as we know it....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Some posters don't like The Fail so I use Metro links. As they do news not as we know it....
          Maybe I should boycott the Slaver and the British Bullsh*t Corporation links?

Sadly all news sources are biased!

Though as you say the metro is quite amusing.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I find this story and sentence remarkable

for those wiser than me what would be the punishment if he had stolen the lunch from the fridge and what would be the punishment if he pinched a bottle of wine

and finally if he stole £100 from the charity box. I think some people on here would advocate hanging of him and all his family for Stealing £100

personally I think he committed a crime but the punishment is no where near proportional

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
              I find this story and sentence remarkable

for those wiser than me what would be the punishment if he had stolen the lunch from the fridge and what would be the punishment if he pinched a bottle of wine

and finally if he stole £100 from the charity box. I think some people on here would advocate hanging of him and all his family for Stealing £100

personally I think he committed a crime but the punishment is no where near proportional
              The crime is that he was dishonest on multiple occasions - firstly when he stole the cakes, and secondly when he doubled down and lied about it. What he stole is largely immaterial to his punishment I would have thought, although I guess if it was of sufficient value they might have brought criminal charges against him as well, which they did not in this case.

Comment

And my final contribution is my crime today was arriving three minutes late for work. When I submit my timesheet i will declare I started at 9am.

please call the mi5 for immediate hanging.

this guy stole some cakes for gods sakes. He has been scapegoated for some reason and it’s not fair or right

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                  And my final contribution is my crime today was arriving three minutes late for work. When I submit my timesheet i will declare I started at 9am.

please call the mi5 for immediate hanging.

this guy stole some cakes for gods sakes. He has been scapegoated for some reason and it’s not fair or right
                  Wrong. Now go back and re-read the thread properly.

Incidentally he also lied to his superiors when challenged at some length. HTH...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

One wonders if there is more behind the scenes. If it's literally over a couple of Jaffas you would expect him to appeal or for his union to tear them a new one.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      One wonders if there is more behind the scenes. If it's literally over a couple of Jaffas you would expect him to appeal or for his union to tear them a new one.
                      He's probably got form for not paying for things and having pissed off enough people...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X