• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle Age Spread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And there was me thinking this was about the feasting habits of nobility in medieval times...
    That's too academic for me - I would have to watch it on Horrible Histories to understand it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'll make her a brew, but cooking is for the woman to sort out.
      Warty the modern misogynist!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Does that include taking your socks off?
        Nah, leave the socks on .... saves time
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I was doing quite well until the government closed all the gyms and made us look after our children 24/7 for months on end. Now I like the new WFH setup but it is impossible to get to the gym even now it's open.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think at 21 I still barely weighed much over 9st, I was incredibly skinny. I've filled out with both fat and muscle since then - currently two sizes bigger than I was back then but it should be 1 realistically. Some self-maintenance to do this winter
            W*nking isn't going to help much. Just make your arms look uneven.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Nonsense.

99 change hands.

Everyone knows that.

Oh.

Did I say that aloud?
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I thought you wife had you oing 2 at a time to keep even muscles.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have never ever dieted before but i thought i would start one to lose some middle age spread before i turn 50!

Started at 79Kg, 21 days ago, looking to reach 64Kg in a 100 days.. So 15Kg to lose into total.

Im doing a Ketogenic low carb diet. Including 8 hour eating window and 16 hour daily fast. Love the diet. Highly recommend it.
                  The kind of food allowed is so much better than the junk high carb stuff i was constantly eating just 3 weeks ago!

I think the first few kilos are the easy bit, it is mostly water weight.

And then they say it gets a bit harder and slower.

Currently on day 21, have lost 5Kg so far.

Most of my fat is around my torso and belly and i can definitely notice the difference after 5kg down.

This is from my tracking app:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-10-14-05-23.png Views:	0 Size:	213.1 KB ID:	4186952

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                    I have never ever dieted before but i thought i would start one to lose some middle age spread before i turn 50!

Started at 79Kg, 21 days ago, looking to reach 64Kg in a 100 days.. So 15Kg to lose into total.

Im doing a Ketogenic low carb diet. Including 8 hour eating window and 16 hour daily fast. Love the diet. Highly recommend it.
                    The kind of food allowed is so much better than the junk high carb stuff i was constantly eating just 3 weeks ago!

I think the first few kilos are the easy bit, it is mostly water weight.

And then they say it gets a bit harder and slower.

Currently on day 21, have lost 5Kg so far.

Most of my fat is around my torso and belly and i can definitely notice the difference after 5kg down.

This is from my tracking app:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-10-14-05-23.png Views:	0 Size:	213.1 KB ID:	4186952
                    No point having a nice diagram if you cannot say what app you are using.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No point having a nice diagram if you cannot say what app you are using.
                      Thats just some random app that came with my weighing scales.

I use this one its 12 quid, my wife had a fancy £30 one that sent an electric signal to measure fat % it also came with an app, but it broke, so i got this cheap and cheerful scale for my diet tracking:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                      X