• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs they probably wouldn't release today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one seems to melt snowflakes...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ohh that reminds me... Gotta have Rule Britannia and Swing Low Sweet Chariot in this list no?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Ohh that reminds me... Gotta have Swing Low Sweet Chariot in this list no?

No, comedy songs should still be allowed.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah well in that case. Prodigy - Smack my bitch up

Actually that was banned from radio1 when it came out, in fact I think only one radio station played it and it was in the papers - I was at school and we were big Prodigy fans. These days it's LESS controversial I'd say.

There's that "coerced non-consensual sex" song we can't have at Christmas, I'm sure that'll be causing more arguments in a month or two.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

There's that "coerced non-consensual sex" song we can't have at Christmas, I'm sure that'll be causing more arguments in a month or two.
            You mean this?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Macc Lads - Now He's a Poof.

I won't bother posting a link to it for obvious reasons. Questionable it should have been released even back in the day let alone today
              Last concert I went to, saw them in Bristol. Mrs W bought me tickets and came with me as she knew I loved them! Cracking concert.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime

Mate of mine did this at karaoke in the Lamb Tavern one evening ... its one of those songs that you may not fully have heard the lyrics, but when you see it written down its a wtf moment!

2 lines are no-nos today ..

"Have a drink, have a drive
                Go out and see what you can find"

But this is the worst by far ....
                "If her daddy's rich, take her out for a meal
                If her daddy's poor, just do what you feel"
                Seems to condone rape as a poor family won't do anything about it!

Great song though if you pretend the lyrics are ok lol

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You mean this?
                  I thought it was this one

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Last concert I went to, saw them in Bristol. Mrs W bought me tickets and came with me as she knew I loved them! Cracking concert.
                    I've seen a couple of videos of their live sets and I really wish I'd been to one. Looked a proper riot (quite literally in some cases).
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've seen a couple of videos of their live sets and I really wish I'd been to one. Looked a proper riot (quite literally in some cases).
                      They're doing a few gigs next year I think ... definitely worth going to. Was funny watching Mrs W, in a wheelchair screaming out the songs ... she did a great rendition of Fluffy Pup

Comment

Working...
                      X