• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs they probably wouldn't release today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Actually that was banned from radio1 when it came out, in fact I think only one radio station played it and it was in the papers - I was at school and we were big Prodigy fans. These days it's LESS controversial I'd say.
    I remember that but I must admit I'd be very surprised if it was less controversial in these times. Womens issues are much more at the forefront of it all now so would have thought they would have a much stronger voice than even the outrage back in the day. I think even many men would cringe at a title like that nowadays.

The video was absolute genius though. I still remember the shock at the twist at the end when I first watched it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

They're doing a few gigs next year I think ... definitely worth going to. Was funny watching Mrs W, in a wheelchair screaming out the songs ... she did a great rendition of Fluffy Pup
      Jesus wept. So they are... How on earth is that allowed! I can't believe that

Oh I'm deffo gonna go to one of them for sure. Pretty decent sized venues as well. Must admit I'd prefer to go see them in some grotty pub with everyone throwing ale around.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Jesus wept. So they are... How on earth is that allowed! I can't believe that

Oh I'm deffo gonna go to one of them for sure. Pretty decent sized venues as well. Must admit I'd prefer to go see them in some grotty pub with everyone throwing ale around.
        Saw them in Bristol O2 which was nice and cosy. P*ss was flying everywhere lol A proper mosh pit too

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Have we done this one?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And these -

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Have we done this one?

Why wouldn't this one be released today? They got in hot water the Mattel over it demonising Barbie with lyrics like 'Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky' but apart from that and it's a dreadful song I don't see why they wouldn't release it?

Comment

and of course the Australian Chubby brown! NSFW

and for Warty!

Note Warty makes an appearance dancing by a stop sign. This though has a wider audience.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      That should never have been released at all. Just for the worst lip syncing in pop video history at the beginning. I've never been able to watch it past the first few minutes pure because of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X