• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Rumours that France is to go on the Red list soon....
    The real question is: why aren't we on their red list? I am amazed that so many countries are still letting us in.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
      The real question is: why aren't we on their red list?
      Money from wealthy tourists like ladymuch and poor sods like psychocandy?

Comment

Also, it's pretty sunny and hot - imagine what will be in autumn and winter: coronaviruses love cold.

Comment

I am bored of this corona virus tulip
          Just open up the economy as every man and his dog is vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            No they aren't.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nope, between 65 and 70% of adults in the uk have had both jabs.

Between the under 18's who aren't being vaccinated and the un-vaccinated adults you have a perfect setup for the virus to remain at large and be given the chance to mutate to a version that is not blocked by the vaccine.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's that level of supidity that has got us to where we are now.

I mean, there are different ways to look at the facts and often arguments on both sides... But to completely ignore them like that is just moronic.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It's that level of supidity that has got us to where we are now.
                  I think he is being post-ironic.

Comment

So we are really taking off - look how steep the curve is (in hot summer!) -

About a third of hospitalisations, but with spread like above that should result in lots more going to hospital, and many to morgue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57867990

Comment

Bulgaria has locked us out, and France is on the quarantine list even if you have been doubled vaccinated from Monday....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ng-from-france

5 weeks back in restrictions story https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-case-numbers
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 16 July 2021, 19:23.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X