• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I think
    I stopped reading after that
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Rumours that France is to go on the Red list soon....
      I'm not sure why they're even bothering with a list any more. You're probably far more likely to catch it holidaying in the UK than anywhere abroad.

Parts of Cornwall are already rammed and we're not even in August yet.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I'm not sure why they're even bothering with a list any more. You're probably far more likely to catch it holidaying in the UK than anywhere abroad.

Parts of Cornwall are already rammed and we're not even in August yet.
        That's why the list should be green or red.

With no amber.

Or no amber++
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

also I don’t think that vaccines work as well as they were advertised, the immunity is wearing off.
          the world that we live in was at a breaking point before vaccines, without them people would have lost hope and everything would have turned to anarchy. Then the vaccines arrived and that has been the drumbeat ever since: jabs in arms. What I am trying to say is that the incentive to get anything out there was too high.

Comment

"M&S chief executive Steve Rowe told The Times that the number of people being forced to self-isolate is "a major issue across every industry at the moment".

He said: "Our Covid cases are roughly doubling every week and the pinging level is about three to one of Covid cases, so we're seeing that growing exponentially."

He said: "If there's shortages we'll have to manage it by changing hours of stores, reducing hours."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57878345

A "side-effect" of letting virus run amok, but don't you worry - they'll just turn off the app soon with cases now going to be far ahead of 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "M&S chief executive Steve Rowe told The Times that the number of people being forced to self-isolate is "a major issue across every industry at the moment".
              Plus the ones that are wagging it off the back of a ping that didn't exist. Perfect time for a few days off with this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

He said: "Our Covid cases are roughly doubling every week and the pinging level is about three to one of Covid cases, so we're seeing that growing exponentially."

He said: "If there's shortages we'll have to manage it by changing hours of stores, reducing hours."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57878345

A "side-effect" of letting virus run amok, but don't you worry - they'll just turn off the app soon with cases now going to be far ahead of 100k.
                so business first, people second. The usual.

to be frank still struggle to understand how this country has evolved through history. Ruthless seems part of it though.
                I wouldn't be particularly bothered if that is how things are supposed to be and it actually means progress.

But still think things could have been contained better.
                Not just dump the NHS app, force people back to work. That is chaos. Find a workable solution.

Comment

so business first, people second. The usual.

to be frank still struggle to understand how this country has evolved through history. Ruthless seems part of it though.
                  I wouldn't be particularly bothered if that is how things are supposed to be and it actually means progress.

But still think things could have been contained better.
                  Not just dump the NHS app, force people back to work. That is chaos. Find a workable solution.
                  Maybe that's why no one takes you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Maybe that's why no one takes you seriously.
                    can you please detail on that?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Plus the ones that are wagging it off the back of a ping that didn't exist. Perfect time for a few days off with this weather.
                      The kids have already worked out that if you add a bit of lemon juice to your lateral flow test, you can get a week off school. Got to love a bit of ingenuity.

Comment

Working...
                      X