• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...rime-minister/

Sane article, for a change, for ToryScumGraph

Comment

It looks like they drew it with their child's coloured crayons.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Given the estimated R rate of 6 in the Netherlands after their reopening experiment, you might need a bigger graph.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
          Given the estimated R rate of 6 in the Netherlands after their reopening experiment, you might need a bigger graph.
          How many Dutch had antibodies?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It looks like they drew it with their child's coloured crayons.
            Yellow, green and orange are missing....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
              A couple more mutations (due to spread from "reopening") and we'll be in the measeles territory

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

A couple more mutations (due to spread from "reopening") and we'll be in the measeles territory
                You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant.

Maybe one that kills of young people.......
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant. Maybe one that kills of young people.......
                  A 10% mortality variant won't slow down virus that spreads a lot, especialy if it takes few weeks to die. Even 30-40% MERS/SARSv1 won't slow it down that much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant.

Maybe one that kills of young people.......
                    We take that risk every year with Flu, surely? A vaccine resistant variant just means we tweak the vaccines, not that it's a superbug like MRSA. I'm not sure how likely it is a mutation will drastically increase how dangerous the disease is - is that typical? Chicken pox for instance and mumps are both very very transmissible, and Flu, but after all these years we aren't dealing with super-chicken-pox, or super-measles for that matter. Anyone?

Comment

We in England are in a fairly unique position, to be removing all restrictions in the middle of a surge. Cases are growing similar to Christmas but now we're relaxing rather than tightening the rules:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_119389255_optimised-uk_daily_cases_with_ra_13jul-nc.png
Views:	92
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	4173129

From a purely academic standpoint, what happens next will be fascinating.
                      50 deaths today. EVERYTHING is riding on the next few weeks. I'm pretty glad I live in rural County Durham, don't think I could hack crowded London in all this!

Comment

Working...
                      X