• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitty said that it's doubling about every 10 days, I think. And that Indian Delta variant is now 96% of new cases... that last part is quite amazing how quickly it has displaced other variants in really only a few weeks.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Whitty said that it's doubling about every 10 days, I think. And that Indian Delta variant is now 96% of new cases... that last part is quite amazing how quickly it has displaced other variants in really only a few weeks.
      Yet again, look at the numbers, not the percentages. Cases, hospitalisations and serious case are running at a minor fraction of the peak, and almost all of those are unvaccinated people.

Arguably, how many are infected is irrelevant, how many are likely to die is. And right now, that's rather less than the annual flu epidemic. Admittedly this is high summer and things may get worse come autumn, but ther eis no immediate need for panic measures.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Yet again, look at the numbers, not the percentages.
        Look at what I wrote, not what you think I'm inferring. My post was entirely about data, not what decisions should be made. You've used it to to jump in and push your own agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yet again, look at the numbers, not the percentages. Cases, hospitalisations and serious case are running at a minor fraction of the peak, and almost all of those are unvaccinated people.

Arguably, how many are infected is irrelevant, how many are likely to die is. And right now, that's rather less than the annual flu epidemic. Admittedly this is high summer and things may get worse come autumn, but ther eis no immediate need for panic measures.
          "NHS alarm over rise in number of UK Covid patients on ventilators

Bosses say trusts under ‘huge pressure’ as people in ventilator beds increase 41% during last week

NHS bosses have sounded the alarm over the number of people on ventilators in hospital in the UK, which has risen over the past week.

The deputy chief executive of NHS Providers, Saffron Cordery, said the number of Covid patients in hospital on ventilation beds had increased by 41% in the last week to 227, which she said was a strong indication Covid was having an impact on health services."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-ventilators

Comment

16k cases today!

Comment

Measured the last seven days on three different criteria: death rates, confirmed cases and hospitalisations, for all three criteria separately the R in the UK is about 1.2
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hence the big push on popup vaccination centres aimed at the 18-30 market in particular.

Do we have data who is in hospital and dying - seems like it's overwhelmingly unvaccinated people so my guess would be those older people who didn't get vaccinated for whatever reason.

Out of interest, do fellow CUKkers know many who are choosing not to vax? I know a few, but I also know really conservative younger people who were lining up for it.

Comment

The antivaxxers I know:
                  My mother-in-law who is opposed to medical intervention generally. "No no, just think positive thoughts". She's very very old...
                  An Italian lady who thinks vendetta is for the weak. Utterly True Believer who is also hate all immigrants. Despite living in the UK.
                  Some Americans. But that's to be expected.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

All the antivaxxers I know changed their minds and got vaccinated.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      All the antivaxxers I know changed their minds and got vaccinated.
                      Are they getting mmWave or stuck with below 6Ghz connections?

Comment

Working...
                      X