• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"India Covid variant spreading across England, data shows

Scientists say geographical spread ‘entirely predictable’ and window of opportunity has been missed"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...and-data-shows

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "India Covid variant spreading across England, data shows

Scientists say geographical spread ‘entirely predictable’ and window of opportunity has been missed"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...and-data-shows

Don't worry the Dept of health and social care is working together with local authorities. We just need to rely on some locally journalist to break what's hidden on the Dept website.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"R rate back above one across UK with daily cases highest since March

Virus is advancing in all but three parts of the country – 5,274 new positive cases were reported over the latest 24-hour period"

The R rate is back above one across the UK, with daily cases at their highest since March 22, the latest figures reveal.

Tracking by the King’s College London app shows the virus is advancing in all but three parts of the country for which estimates are available.

It comes as the Government announced 5,274 new positive cases reported over the latest 24-hour period.

Cases rose 22 per cent in the week to May 26, according to NHS Test and Trace.

On average, one in 1,090 people in the UK now have symptomatic infection, according to the King’s study, considered the most accurate projection of current cases (AtW's comment: that's after CUK General's prodigy who wishes to remain anonymous).

The King’s study predicts that the R value is currently lower than one – meaning the virus is in retreat – only in Wales, the East of England and Yorkshire and the Humber.

Meanwhile, Covid appears to be growing fastest in South East England, London and the East Midlands."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...t-since-march/
        Last edited by AtW; 3 June 2021, 20:30.

Comment

The press are now allowed to openly say that lots of outbreaks are due to primary and secondary schools since older adults are fully vaccinated.

I presume this is to ensure that uni and other higher education students get their vaccines when they are eligible.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The press are now allowed to openly say that lots of outbreaks are due to primary and secondary schools since older adults are fully vaccinated.

I presume this is to ensure that uni and other higher education students get their vaccines when they are eligible.
            I would predict the timing of the new university year will coincide with a huge vaccine push. We'll probably see over-scandalised headlines about universities 'forcing' students to get vaccinated to attend, freshers given "free shots for shots" if they can demonstrate they have had their jabs, etc.

Has there been much word on <18 vaccinations yet? I know there are some trials.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Has there been much word on <18 vaccinations yet? I know there are some trials.
              Well timed: UK approves Pfizer jab for use in 12-15-year-olds

The UK has approved the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in children aged 12-15, saying it is safe and effective in this age group and the benefits outweigh the risks.

Comment

Up to 60% more transmissible variant Delta - we are all fecked.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Up to 60% more transmissible variant Delta - we are all fecked.
                  60% more than what?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    60% more than what?
                    More than Alpha (Kent)

Double hospitalisation rate too

Comment

“A study commissioned by the government found that infections increased by 50% between 3 May and 7 June, coinciding with the rise of the Delta coronavirus variant that is now dominant in the UK.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...08d12b4aec5d40

Comment

Working...
                      X