• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drivers who litter, be warned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers who litter, be warned

Just saw this on the Beeb. Such a great piece of technology and about time those scum that throw rubbish out of their cars get caught.

I was out cycling the weekend and the amount of rubbish all over the countryside is an absolute disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-56255823
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Good.

Though they should do it on some high streets.

I remember watching in Manchester as some guy parked on a main road, collected all his rubbish from his car and then threw the rubbish on the pavement.

I was like that as the waste bin was less about 3 metres away.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Littering winds me up so much because there is just NO excuse. I've never once, in years of travelling, camping, hiking, running, cycling etc had cause to litter. It's just the height of selfishness - I'd happily support a £1000+ fine for it.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Littering winds me up so much because there is just NO excuse. I've never once, in years of travelling, camping, hiking, running, cycling etc had cause to litter. It's just the height of selfishness - I'd happily support a £1000+ fine for it.
        I think mandatory litter picking would be more effective for repeat offenders.

Comment

Excellent. Can't understand why these barstewards do it, hardly a problem to take it home and bin it.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Plenty of bins as well. Excellent move.

You just walk along a high street and watch the group in front father then son then daughter discard their sweetie wrappers.

I would prefer they worked on people driving with mobiles & tailgating its rare that litter kills.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Now pair that up with drive through fast food places printing reg numbers on the packaging and we'll be getting somewhere.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I did a 5 mile walk yesterday with a bag of dog poop in one hand. Ended up driving all the way back home with it. Really gets my goat these people who just leave them tied to the branches of a tree like some fairy's going to come along whilst we're all asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post
                  I did a 5 mile walk yesterday with a bag of dog poop in one hand. Ended up driving all the way back home with it. Really gets my goat these people who just leave them tied to the branches of a tree like some fairy's going to come along whilst we're all asleep.
                  I am having big issues with this at side of my house with a path that literally goes no where. I mean you've done the hard part by picking it up and bagging it.

Time to get the camera out and name and shame.

qh disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

I am having big issues with this at side of my house with a path that literally goes no where. I mean you've done the hard part by picking it up and bagging it.

Time to get the camera out and name and shame.

qh disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
                    Have you campaigned for a bin to be put on the path?

Comment

Working...
                    X